Chapter 9

Andrei's POV

Last night I had fell asleep hoping to wake up beside her.

This morning I woken up and reached over, feeling nothing but a cool, barren sheet.

I had woken up later than I usually do, so I skipped breakfast in the dining hall and ordered up to my office from Skylar herself. Fuck, I can't wait to see her beautiful face again.

Whenever I get a girl for the night, I almost never invite her back let alone catch feelings. But last night was different. I expected to be done with Skylar after a few minutes since I thought taking her innocence would satisfy me, but that never happened. When I was with her, I felt something I've never felt with any other woman, I'm not sure what it was, but it felt pretty damn good.

Suddenly, I'm awoken from my consuming thoughts and violent pen tapping against my desk when I hear that familiar, timid knock at the door. Adrenaline rushes through me at the thought of her and I jump up from my chair and nearly run to the door, until I realize what a complete idiot I'm being and calmly take a seat back in my chair.

"Come in," I call out in a calm, collective tone.

My eyes are glued to the door knob as I watch it slowly turn and open with anticipation.

"B-breakfast," I hear shaky voice on the break of tears say from behind the half-opened door.

Knitting my eyebrows together, I get up from my chair and slow, yet suspiciously make my way over to the door. The breakfast cart is visible, but the person who came with it is not.

"Skylar?" I question as I open the door open more and see her gripping the cart so tight her knuckles are as pale as her face.

"Have a good breakfast, Sir," she says, bows her head and attempts to scurry out.

I grab her arm just before she's out of reach and gently pull her shaking body back into my office, closing the door behind us.

I turn and face Skylar who's eyes are pools of crystal blue water. Her eyes meet mine but she quickly looks away again and starts rubbing her arms up and down.

"Come here," I tell her and lean against my desk.

She looks up with her saddened eyes and shakes her head. "I should really get back to work."

I sigh. "Well, I'm your boss and you do what your boss says. So, come here," I say and cross my arms against my heaving chest.

She scurries over to me, keeping a five foot distance between the two of us.

"Now," I shift my weight on the desk so I can look down on her comfortably, "tell me what's wrong."

She shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong."

"Then why are you acting stranger than usual?" I question and make the five foot distance, one.

She shrugs her shoulders, so I lift her face with my finger and stare into her dull, tired eyes. "Use your words," I command with a rougher voice than intended.

"I'm just a little tired," she obviously lies.

"I see.." I say and release her face, but I seem to shorten the distance even more.

I'm hungry, and not for breakfast.

Before I know it, our lips collide for what feels like the first time again. She's taken back at first, but it doesn't take long until she replies with the same passion I came in with.

Our magical kiss is quickly broken, though, when she presses her hands against my chest and pushes me back gently.

"I-I can't do this," she whimpers as she stares aimlessly at the ground. She takes a step back from me but I take one forward.