°•°Chapter 56°•°

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."

James A. Baldwin.

Chloe's POV.

"Now, what are you overthinking about?" I raise my eyebrows at Zach who's deep in thought to not notice me standing next to him for the last minute. I steal a glance at Nancy and Snowy on the couch while watching the news, "It's nothing,"

Zach turns to face me with a smile before stirring the pot containing chicken soup, "Sure," I roll my eyes before lifting myself to sit on the counter before he walks up to me and stands between my legs, cupping my face, "Stop worrying that pretty head of your with what I'm thinking, it's nothing important,"

He says before pulling me against his chest into a hug, my safe haven. I wrap my arms around him as he kisses my forehead and it sure felt like he didn't want to let go of me anytime soon. I have no complaints about it though.

"I need to go check on the restaurant after lunch, it'll only take about three hours or so," he mumbles against my shoulder, "Okay," I say with a smile while he pulls back to read my face.

"I just missed you so much,"

"I did too but you need to stop being a baby about it," I mutter causing a smile on the serious face, "I just need some time with you without interruptions," he whispered leaning down before capturing my lips with his. His teeth teasingly graze my bottom lip making me bite down a moan before smacking his arm and pulling him into a kiss making him smirk against my lips.

His hand tucks my long bang behind my ear while he devours my mouth, muting my moans, "Mom," he sighs reminding me and I slap a hand over my mouth realizing that I got lost in the moment before peeping over his shoulder. She's still busy watching T.V and I let out a small laugh into Zach's chest.

"We sure need to start being more aware of our surroundings," I chuckle while he leaves a quick smirking kiss on my neck before pulling back to check on the soup.

Nancy is quite the surprise I needed right now and apart from when we get to intimate about anywhere in the house, there's literally nothing different. She's always been there for me when mom was busy trying to earn a living for us but things got better and that led to Nancy becoming really good friends with my mom. Sure, Mr. Russell wasn't always approving of me but if I look at it in his perspective, he didn't get a choice in his career and that passed onto him being the serious dad to Zach.

The father and son duo had their moments, moments of weakness, and moments where they were each other's strengths but they had too big egos to accept it. What do I say? I've got an amazing best friend slash boyfriend who one hell of a stubborn person and while that's got its cons, he knows how to use his stubbornness to make things happen as well.

"I'm planning to stop by Mr. Williams office and get an insight on what's going on," he says not meeting my gaze because he thinks I'm disappointed in him but the reality is, I'm just proud of the man he's become, "Need me to come along?"

"Nope, you get to relax today with mom. You both could probably go to the spa or something?" he suggests finally meeting my gaze with the best smile he could muster up, "Come here," I crank my finger in my direction.

"What?" he mumbles getting back to his previous place between my two dangling legs, "If I get to relax, so do you. So stop fucking beating yourself up for things that you're not responsible for. I'll call up Mr. Williams and tell him that we'll be there tomorrow to meet Molly and him as well,"