°•°Chapter 52°•°

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever."

Roy T. Bennett.

Chloe's POV.

"You let me date the guy who led you into drugs?!" I yell in disbelief and he closes his eyes shut sighing, "I'm sorry, I never wanted to tell you this because I was so messed up to even think much about Bryan and by the time, I realized it, you broke up with him,"

"How the fuck are you so calm about it?!" I shout at him losing my mind at his revelation, "I'm sorry," he whispers before pulling me into his arms and my first tear rolls down, "You're such an idiot,"

I mutter before letting out a sob, "I know," he sighs, kissing my forehead, "I can't believe that Bryan was a drug dealer," Snowy's cold nose touches my leg making me squirm before looking down at his head tilted aside. Why was I crying? I wish I had an answer for that but what I do know is that Snowy knew how to make me smile through my tears.

"Why did you guys fight?" I ask Zach trying to control my tears, "I owed his friend money so he somehow ended up discussing shit with dad, and well, I lost it the second he was there. He even came there with more drugs to offer me in person and when he spoke shit about you, that was it."

"He deserved you bashing him up but I didn't deserve you leaving me in the dark," I sigh, stepping back from him to meet his gaze, "I'm sorry,"

"I'm so mad at you right now," I smack his head making him groan, "But you don't hate me?"

"Why the hell would I hate you, idiot?" sighing, he wipes the tears off my cheek. His eyes study my face while I let my thoughts wander around moments where Zach was with me every time I spent time with Bryan. Oh wait, Zach was always with me more than Bryan.

~•~•~•

"Why are you still awake?" Zach's voice startles me as he walks out of the bedroom with sleepy eyes, "Just couldn't sleep," I reply, making space for him, next to me on the couch. Snowy moves his head into a comfortable position next to me, deep in sleep making me smile.

"Still thinking about what I told you?" Zach asks me, pulling me closer with an arm around my waist, "Just about everything," I mumble, resting my head on his chest. No matter how mad I was at him a few hours ago, I still wouldn't stay away from him.

"Molly?" he asks me making me sigh, "Her too, yes," I agree while rubbing circles on his free hand. He blamed himself the first time we didn't get to adopt Molly and even more now. He couldn't see what I saw in him though, the love he had for her and all the fatherly things he did along with the happiness even the thought of Molly caused in him.

"I'm sorry, I only keep disappointing you,"

"Stop right there, Zach. You don't disappoint me and what you did was in defense so if they can't figure out a way to overlook that, I'll just accept it but not you blaming yourself. I don't care what people think about you but listen to me, you never disappoint me and I'll love you, no matter what happens,"

He gulps, taking my face into his hands before pulling me into a kiss, which I immediately respond to while caressing his cheek, "I love you, Sugar," he whispers against my lips with a loving gaze, "Love you, Zach,"

I smile, pulling him into a hug, "You never fail to amaze me," he mumbles kissing my neck while I check the time. 1 a.m., "Come on, let's go to bed," I say kissing his cheek making him smile before I get off the couch.

With Zach hot on my heels, I leave the light in the living room on and head into the bedroom while he closes the door, "I'm going to miss not having you around," he sighs, as I get onto the bed and he follows, pulling me to his chest.

"And I'll miss you even more," I whisper, kissing his chest. We rarely spent time apart even before his addiction, we almost lived together even after finding jobs. We just had two places for the sake of Zach not fucking some random girl in the same house as me but again, he literally only stayed at my place always.

In grad school, we lived together too, and he dragged me along every time he had to go home. So, it sure was a surprise to almost everyone when Zach was never around me and vice-versa the past two years.

"Hmm." He murmurs kissing my neck, "Zach?" I raise an eyebrow, tilting my head back to get a view of his face, "You need to sleep," I say pointing at his chest while biting down a grin.

"Well, I need you as well so isn't there a clear winner already?" giving me a boyish grin, he flips up enough to have him hovering me causing a surprised giggle, "Yeah, the sleep," I mutter wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Nah, you'll always be my choice no matter what you're put against," my heart flutters at how cheesy he could be while his fingers unbutton my shirt, "But you'd be tired when you reach Illinois tomorrow,"

"Just a quickie, Sugar," he whispers before capturing my lips with a smirk on his face. Our quickies never are actually quickie's.

~•~•~•