EIGHT : Welcome to My World

JAMES' POV

"You're crying," Lauren commented upon seeing tears fall from my eyes. I grinned as she wiped them.

"Sorry I just-" "We missed you, too," she cut me off.

"How did you know what I'm-" "Because I'm your twin," she bragged.

"Right," I agreed.

It felt good knowing that finally, we are already okay. Indeed, it was out of plan. But I guess it was just destined to happen. That night, I had a good sleep. It was the most peaceful one since I arrived. It seemed like a heavy baggage was lifted from my shoulders. Uncle Victor was right. And the day he was talking about has come. It was too sudden. But I guess Lauren's stare and Ann's letter did the work. It felt great. Really great.

***

The next day, Lauren woke me up. "Hey, get up," she sweetly commanded.

"Why? It's too early," I replied as I checked on the alarm clock.

"My alarm hasn't even rung," I added.

"Let's make this day special for mom," she whispered.

"You owe her a lot of presents. Like for Mother's Day, birthday, Christmas..." she was serious of mentioning all the celebrations I missed for the past years. But I cut her off by putting my hands against her mouth.

"Okay, I get it!" I stopped her. She pouted like a child. I had to admit, my sister is such a sweet girl.

"I have a plan, too," I winked at her and stood up.

***

"What is taking you so long?" she knocked on the door. I was at the bathroom then when she started to sound really impatient.

"Wait up okay? It's hard to change my clothes."

"Open up. I'll help you." I opened the door, holding my shirt and bandage.

"The scar looks horrible," she commented as she helped me put on my shirt.

"You have to get this treated. Promise me," she said with an imperative tone as she assisted me in dressing up my bandage.

I nodded. "Don't let your dreams be just plain dreams, James."

"Now you sound like mom," I commented. She played with my hair. Just like the way she used to when we were kids.

"Hey! It's hard to fix this up," I clamored but she just smiled.

"Let's go?" she asked.

***

We went downstairs and called the driver to come with us. He started the engine while Lauren sat at the backseat. I followed her.

"Why didn't you seat there?" she asked, referring to the front seat.

"Louie was my passenger," was my only reply.

"It's going to be okay, soon. We'll help you," she encouraged.

***

"A box of corn muffin, forest of berries with cream and fresh mango juice for the most beautiful mom in the world," I woke mom up by my loud voice. She gently opened her eyes and smiled as she saw her twins coming.

"Is this the start of a happy life with my twins?" she asked.

"It is. We'll make each of your day special, mom," Lauren agreed.

"These are my favorites," she said as right after seeing what were on the tray Lauren was holding.

"James picked everything. We woke up too early to get those muffins. The store still has a lot of loyal consumers," she shared.