SEVEN : You'll Wake up Someday and Forgiveness is Already in Your Heart

ANN's POV

I was in the middle of bursting out my feelings when James suddenly hugged me. I did not know why but maybe he just did not know what to say to comfort me. Honestly, I felt relieved. He gave me comfort and security, just the way my father always did. I felt good after. Thanks to him.

As much as I wanted to get angry with dad, I could not. He did so many things for me and mom- for our family. He was neither an irresponsible father nor an irresponsible husband. But the child needed a father, like the one I needed when I was younger. It was hard to let go. But letting go would be the best way to show how strong we are, how strong I am.

A few days passed by and mom and I both tried to move on. Dad called me every night, checking on his little girl. But even if we talked a lot, I still missed him. It felt different. It was saddening. But I learned how to forgive. I learned how to live with it. Day by day, I was able to forget the hurt that night gave me. I learned how to take it in a positive way. I learned how to share. And most importantly, I learned how to be content of what I have.

***

One night, Lauren came into my room. "How are you, Ann?" she asked.

"I feel okay, getting better. He just called," I replied with a smile.

"You still miss him despite the calls, don't you?"

"Very. But I know how much we love each other. Distance will never be an issue," I positively said. Then I noticed Lauren looked down. I did not mean to hurt her, but it looked like my words did enough of the work to make her feel miserable.

"Oh sorry, Lauren. I was just referring to myself," I immediately apologized after seeing her reaction.

"All good," she faked a smile.

"You still haven't talked to him?"

"Sadly."

"Why don't you just tell him?"

"We can't. He'll leave for sure."

"But nothing's changing. Weeks have passed." I reasoned out.

"Well, he changed a bit. Thanks to you and Uncle Victor. I envy you two," her smile was heartbreaking.

"Sorry, we were just trying to help."

"I know. And thank you for that. It was me who asked for your help..." she explained.

"But I guess it still hurts. To feel like you're not needed by your own brother," she added.

"No! He needs you. I know there are still parts of the story he hasn't told anyone. I, myself, don't know..." I objected.

"He just said that the hospital is reminding him of her. I don't even know her name. He was just crying and mumbling things," I continued.

"I've been trying a million of times but I always get rejected," she spoke.

"I tried being his friend. I've been rejected a lot of times, too. But I never gave up. If I didn't, you should give up, too. Especially that he is your twin. You know him better. You know him the most," I encouraged her.

"But-" she was trying to object again but I didn't let her.

"That's not the Lauren I know. She's a fighter. No buts. No ifs," I commanded.

She smiled. "Funny that I'm the one who was supposed to comfort you here," she chuckled.

"I'm through with it, Lau. I accepted everything. And it feels great," I beamed. She stared at me. After what I said, I then saw her wearing a genuine smile.