95

After closing her room door, Yang Xueying flopped over her soft bed. She did not do exactly as Lu Anran advised, after all she was unable to go against her own conscience. She could not do that sort of thing and only listened to 2/3 of Lu Anran’s instructions – first was to wait for Yang Weiguo to question her before speaking, then express all of her opinions calmly and with a smile. She should also take a deep breath to maintain her calmness every time her emotions were going out of control…..

She felt that it was fine this way as well since her initial aim has also been achieved. For the time being, this was enough! There was no need to use that kind of tactics. A hint of satisfaction flashed past Yang Xueying’s face. She then took out her mobile to dial the phone number Lu Anran gave her previously.

“Hello?” Lu Anran just reached home and was currently sitting on her chair with one hand holding the phone to her ear and the other, opening her own laptop.

“It’s me.” Yang Xueying replied. “I didn’t follow exactly as you taught me.” Yang Xueying’s voice had a hint of satisfaction.

“Oh.” Lu Anran habitually opened her inbox and searched through her unopened mails.

“Why do you sound unsurprised?” Yang Xueying asked after hearing Lu Anran’s unperturbed voice.

“Why do I need to sound surprised about matters I already know?” The corners of Lu Anran’s mouth slant downwards. Lin Da has not replied her emails. She has already formed a habit of checking her emails before leaving in the morning and first thing after returning home….. She felt a little disappointed every time she did not receive a reply from Lin Da….

“You already know?”  Yang Xueying was astonished, “How did you guess it?”

“You are such an honest person. How could you use tactics that only Su Lin will use?” The corners of Lu Anran’s mouth rose. This was the method that Su Lin used on Yang Xueying in her previous lifetime. Although it was evil, it was indeed a brilliant scheme!

“You sure know me well ah!”  Yang Xueying’s tone was somewhat sarcastic. How could she so accurately pinpoint the thoughts of a person she met for the first time? She must be lying!

“Not you. It’s knowing Xue Dingan!” Lu Anran continued talking, “Xue Dingan is upright and you are his most precious sister, so you must be like him! Xue Dingan will also never use this kind of trick.” This was basically Lu Anran’s excuse. In truth, she didn’t even know Xue Dingan, and merely heard a lot of rumours about Yang Xueying in her previous lifetime.

“Hng~” Yang Xueying was still very pleased after hearing Lu Anran praising Xue Dingan. That was indeed her only elder brother. The person she trusted the most in this life!

“Any other matters?” Lu Anran wanted to send another email to Lin Da but it was a little inconvenient to type single- handedly so she wanted to put down the phone.

“That…..” Yang Xueying blushed, “Thank you….”

“…..” Lu Anran was stunned for a moment. The corners of her mouth rose to a beautiful arc, “Thank yourself! This is what your reward after begging me!” This expression of thanks was outside of Lu Anran’s expectations.

“Hng…. What’s there to be proud of! Pfft!” Yang Xueying’s face became even redder. It was hard for her to take the initiative to thank another ah! Especially to someone who has scolded her multiple times today. It was practically unheard of ah! Yet, this person was actually acting arrogantly!

“I’m not proud, just merely surprised.” Lu Anran withdrew her hand from the keyboard smilingly. From this matter, she realised that she quite liked Yang Xueying. Her intent in helping her was originally wholly due to Xue Dingan but now she really wanted to help her from the bottom of her heart. How could such an interesting person have such a tragic end? Furthermore, thanks to Chu Yao, she knew the deepest secret of Su Lin. A secret that can make her unable to rise again forever but she will not say it for now, neither was it time for her to say it out…..