119

The entire Lu Residence started to become very busy. The situation was no worse than Lu Jianhao’s birthday. Even Lu Jianhao flew back a day in advance, showing the status of Ji Rou in Lu Corporation!

Lu Anran also asked Old Zhang to pick Ji Ling up earlier. From 9AM onwards, many guests came to visit one after another. As a new star of S City, Lu Anran had to exchange conventional greetings and chat with the guests. The banquet starts from 2PM and end at 7PM. During this period, Lu Anran has already prepared herself to be tired to death.

While Lu Anran was entertaining guests in the front courtyard, Lu Junfeng and his wife stood next to Lu Anran to inform her of the guest’s identity and introduce the local wealthy gentry and officials to her.

At this time, after the maid has notified them, Lu Jianhao and Ji Rou left the front courtyard to go to the study on the second floor of the Lu Residence. In the study, Long Yuxing sat upright on the sofa while Ah Sen stood behind him.

“Young Master Long, excuse me for not going out to meet you ah!” Lu Jianhao smiled as he cupped his fist in greeting.

“Grandpa Lu has exaggerated.” Long Yuxing smiled. “Today is Aunty’s birthday. I made a special trip here to send you a gift!”

“This….” Ji Rou was also stunned and hurriedly waved her hand, “How could we trouble Young Master Long?” If it was Lu Jianhao’s birthday, Long Corporation’s intentions could be interpreted as social and commercial benefits but it was her birthday…. She really did not need Long Corporation to go to the expense of giving her a gift!

“It’s of no trouble….” Long Yuxing gave Ah Sen a meaningful glance.

Ah Sen nodded. He then took out an envelope from his suit pocket and handed it over to Ji Rou with both hands, “Madam, please accept this!”

“This….” Ji Rou glanced at Lu Jianhao and accepted it after Lu Jianhao nodded. “Thank you Young Master Long for taking the trouble!” As her fingertips rubbed against the envelope, Ji Rou was somewhat curious. It seems to be a card inside. Is it a check? Can’t be….. An invitation card? There isn’t any rumors about any upcoming banquet by the Long Corporation ah…..

“Aunty, please open it!” Long Yuxing looked at Ji Rou. He was very sure that his gift topped any of the presents that the guests have gifted today!

“Uh…..” Ji Rou smiled a little before opening the envelope. A photo appeared before her eyes. Ji Rou took up the photo to have a look. This was someone’s travel photo. The photo showed a couple who were in their twenties hugging each other and behind them was a wasteland that seemed part of an oasis. The entire photo depicted an exotic scene yet with just a glance, Ji Rou was stunned and her gaze was unable to move from the bottom right hand corner of the photo. In that corner, a man’s figure was captured by the camera’s lens. His clothes was torn and his hair was messy but none of these could conceal his handsome appearance. He was half kneeling on the ground as though he was picking up something. Ji Rou looked at the blurry pattern on the ground carefully. After seeing it clearly, she was even more certain of the man’s identity. “Brother Hao…. It’s Brother Hao…..”

“What?” Hearing the name that Ji Rou was calling out, Lu Jianhao abruptly leaped out of his chair. “Xiao Rou, quick! Quick let me see! Hurry!”

“Sure.” Ji Rou nodded tearfully and handed the photo over to Lu Jianhao. Her hand kept trembling, unable to control her own emotions. She has been searching and waiting for her husband for 12 years ah! Ji Rou wanted to say something but she could not make a sound. There were too many words that she wanted to say, and too many emotions that she wanted to express that she did not know where to start.