106

T/N: The troublesome cocktail….

Chu Yao quickly drank up her glass of orange juice. She then said smilingly, “Anran, I have drank all of my orange juice.”

“Drink so fast for what? No one will snatch it away from you!” Lu Anran could not help rolling her eyes. She then took another glass of orange juice and forcefully shoved it into Chu Yao’s hands, “I’ll just give you another one.”

“I….” Chu Yao really wanted to pour the entire glass of juice over Lu Anran but she managed to suppress the anger in her heart. She then put down the glass of orange juice in her hands and took up the glass of spiked cocktail and said, “Anran, I really want to be good friends with you!”

“Good friends?” Lu Anran’s eyes flashed a touch of contempt. “Aren’t we good friends now?”

“Uh…. We are good…. But I hope we can be best friends…..” Chu Yao smiled and said, “Just like how we used to be! How nice it was then ah!” At that time, Lu Anran was such an obedient dog! It was so great then!

Like how they used to be? Lu Anran did not think it was great then. She sipped her orange juice and did not reply.

“Anran, there may be some misunderstanding between us previously but you must believe me. I have good intentions and sincerely wish you well!” Chu Yao’s act of ‘true love and concern’ was really good.

“I know.” Lu Anran drank the last mouthful of orange juice in her glass and said. “I am neither blind nor stupid. I can keep track of who treats me well and who treats me badly!”

Noticing that Lu Anran’s glass of orange juice was empty, she jiggled the cocktail in her hand, “You should drink with me now!”

“Okay!” Lu Anran took up the cocktail behind her and gently clinked her glass of cocktail with Chu Yao’s.

“I hope our friendship will last forever!” Chu Yao toasted superficially. Her eyes had a hint of hesitation. The glass in her hand was the one was spiked. She initially expected Lu Anran to be suspicious and to exchange glasses therefore, making Lu Anran drink that spiked cocktail. But why was Lu Anran so slow in making a stand?

“Hurhur!” Lu Anran smiled as she placed the cocktail to her lips. She noticed Chu Yao’s hesitation and deliberately said, “Chu Yao, why aren’t you drinking?”

“Drink… I’ll drink!” Chu Yao gritted her teeth as her heart flipped. If she really starts to drink, and Lu Anran still does not switch glass with her, she would pretend to be unstable and drop hers on the ground….

Just as Chu Yao’s lips lightly touch the cocktail glass, Lu Anran stopped her, “Wait.”

Chu Yao’s action of letting go of the glass was stopped. She turned her head to look at Lu Anran and said, “What’s wrong?” However, her heart was palpitating rapidly.

“I still think that it isn’t good for underaged youths to drink! Let’s drink juice instead!” Lu Anran put down her glass of cocktail once more. “A glass of juice for each of us. I think it can replace the cocktail.”

“Anran!” Chu Yao placed her glass down next to Lu Anran’s in passing and said, “We have known each others for years. Why are you so reluctant today? Could it be that you think I put poison in your cocktail? I’ll drink it to show you!” Chu Yao pretended to be impatient. Picking up Lu Anran’s glass of cocktail, she threw back her head and downing the entire glass. She then shook the glass in her hand, “See for yourself!”