109

The bell rang signalling the end of school and the afternoon military training has finally ended. Everyone went back to the classroom to gather their bags to leave, but after Lu Anran packed her bag, she sat back into her seat.

“Anran you are not leaving?” Ji Ling carried her bag and asked. “I’m not going for cram school today, my Empress Mother is going to treat me to some good food tonight. Want to come along?”

“I still have something to do, you can go ahead first!” Lu Anran waved her hands, “Just bring my greetings to Aunty for me!”

“I’m leaving too.” Qin Shumo said.

“Mhm, mhm.” Lu Anran smiled and waved her hands. “See you all tomorrow.”

“See you.” Ji Ling and Qin Shumo left the classroom. When Qin Shumo stepped out of the door, he looked at the person who appeared and stopped on his tracks. The two of them made eye-contact briefly before turning away, both in contempt with each other.

“Senior Long!” Ji Ling saw the person and gave a grin, “did you come to find Anran?”

“I have something to tell her.” Long Yuxing also recognise Ji Ling who is always with Lu Anran.

“Is there anything that you need to notify class monitor about? Just tell me, I’ll pass on the message!” It was very obvious that Qin Shumo was reluctant for Long Yuxing to make contact with Lu Anran.

“That’s none of your business!” Long Yuxing coldly gazed at Qin Shumo.

“I am also one of the class monitor of Class D. If there’s anything to notify, there’s no difference if you tell me ah!” Qin Shumo looked directly into Long Yuxing’s eyes. His mouth tilted up in a smile, but his eyes were very serious.

“Err….” Stuck in the middle of the two of them, Ji Ling could feel the hostile atmosphere between the two guys, she looked left and then looked right. Finally, she clenched her teeth in determination, and stretched out her hands to pull at Qin Shumo’s waist. “Qin Shumo, I don’t have time to explain now, quickly come with me!” In an instant, she pulled Qin Shumo to a far distance before stopping to catch her breath.

“Ji Ling, what are you doing?” Qin Shumo said in a dissatisfied tone.

“I was just afraid that you will start a fight with Senior Long…..” Ji Ling pouted, “even if both of you like Lu Anran, you should still take it easy! If you all started fighting, in the end, it’s Anran who will get in trouble!”

“….” Qin Shumo glanced at Ji Ling briefly before saying, “I’m leaving.” He straightened his bag and walked off towards the school gates.

“Oy….” Ji Ling gazed at Qin Shumo’s receding back and shook her head helplessly. Perhaps even Lu Anran herself was not aware, but she knew that the way Lu Anran looked at Long Yuxing was different. However, it was just that Anran has yet to realise it that’s all. It was often said that one’s eyes are windows to one’s soul and she, as an outsider can see it very clearly. She loosened the straps of her bag and muttered, “Anran, I can only help up to here.” After saying that, she trotted off to the school gate. Today her Empress Mother gave her a day off from cram school to bring her out to eat. Originally, she was going to invite Lu Anran, but unfortunately, she has something on.

After Ji Ling pulled Qin Shumo away, all the other classmates also left. When they walked out of the classroom, they all saw Long Yuxing who was standing outside, and all of Lu Anran’s classmates silently sniggered. They were wondering why their class monitor was staying back, looks like she was going on a date after school ah!