83

Chapter 83
After returning to the Lu Residence, Lu Anwei gently knocked on the door of Lu Jianfeng’s study.

“Come in” Lu Jianfeng’s voice sounded from inside the study.

Lu Anwei pushed open the door and walked in. He noticed Lu Jianfeng reading a document with his spectacles. Seeing Lu Anwei entering, Lu Jianfeng closed the dcocument and placed it on the table. Lifting his head, he greeted, “It’s Anwei ah! What’s up? Is something the matter?”

Lu Anwei looked down and replied, “There’s a mission that was designated from the top brass.”

“Oh……” Lu Jianfeng was aware of Lu Anwei’s obligations and knew that it was inevitable for him to have a mission, “Then, when are you leaving?”

“Someone will be picking me up at tomorrow at 9AM.” Lu Anwei added, “Another protector will take over my job here at 8AM tomorrow morning.”

“Mm.” Lu Jianfeng nodded and sighed lightly, “Be careful.” Apart from this, he does not know what else to say.

“Mm.” After responding, Lu Anwei left the study and went to inform Ji Rou and Li Anran. When he finally reached his little brother’s room, he knocked on the door gently three times. After receiving his brother’s response, Lu Anwei pushed open the door to enter.

“Bro? It’s so late. Is something the matter?” Lu Anhu has already washed up and was preparing to go to bed. He was curious about Lu Anwei popping in at this time.

“Mm.” Lu Anwei nodded. “A mission was assigned from the higher up.”

“Is it dangerous?” Lu Anhu was more concerned about this.

“Rank S.” Lu Anwei replied. “I’m leaving tomorrow morning. You must protect Anran well.”

“When are you coming back?” Protecting Lu Anran was his duty. Naturally he would not slack off but right now he was more concerned about Lu Anwei’s situation.

“Don’t know.” Lu Anwei answered frankly. Presently he was unclear about the specific details and needed to meet a higher up tomorrow to know.

“Then…… What about Teacher Qin?” Lu Anhu hesitated before asking.

“……” Lu Anwei lowered his gaze and did not reply. Lu Anran has also asked about this matter just now and he did not know how to reply. Qin Shuhan? After today, the both of them would probably never meet again…..

“Ay……” Lu Anhu shook his head helplessly and sighed. His brother’s EQ was too low and as a spectator, he felt anxious yet he could not help with anything ah! Sometimes Lu Anhu also thought that maybe all of Lu Anwei’s EQ has been absorbed into his muscles……

“Go to bed soon.” Lu Anwei turned and left after saying that.

“Be careful!” Lu Anhu could not say anything more than that. As someone who was born into a military family, he was clearer than anyone else that duty is one’s life!

“Mm.” Closing the door, Lu Anwei returned to his own room and could not sleep for the entire night. At daybreak, he sat by the window after packing his luggage. No one knew what he was thinking about. When it was time for the handover, Lu Anwei went to the entrance of Lu Residence. Seeing that the person to handover to was Xue Dingan who had previously came over to eat, Lu Anwei was somewhat surprised internally but did not express it on his face. But Xue Dingan was different.

“It’s you!” Xue Dingan pointed at Lu Anwei with an expression full of shock on his face, “Aren’t you Lu Anran’s older cousin or whatever?”