▬ 04: SINKING AND SAILING ▬

( a/n: this story will now be written in taryns pov because ill find it much easier to write like that. p.s., MY WRITERS BLOCK IS OVER I THINK. )

THE CHILLY FORKS AIR BIT AT MY EXPOSED ANKLES. My pants rose around my sneakers as I trudged through the various puddles in the Swan's yard, trying to get the most cell service possible.

The fact that it was cold only made the situation worse. Wherever Bella was, if she wasn't with the Cullen's and if she wasn't somewhere inside, she was bound to be cold.

When we'd pulled into Bella's driveway, I could already understand the situation. Charlie was tense, his body language rigid. He paced back and forth, grimacing.

Right now, I was trying to reach anyone I could. If she was anywhere, she would be with the Cullen family and I knew that.

I dialed Emmett's number, crossing my fingers and biting my lip. It didn't even ring. The operator's empty voice explained that the number was no longer associated with a phone at the moment.

They'd changed their numbers. All of them. I groaned, shutting my phone off and sliding it into my back pocket. Walking back over to where everyone was gathered, I sighed.

"No answer.. They changed their phone numbers, I guess." I said, returning to my spot beside Jacob. His jaw clenched as he listened to me. He was just as tense as everyone else was.. But nobody, not even Jake (who had a major crush on Bella) was as tense as Charlie.

"Of course they did." Charlie gruffed bitterly, slamming his arms down on the cruiser.

"The Cullen's left town." Billy stated, glancing over at his friend. Charlie's eyebrows furrowed.

"Good riddance." Harry Clearwater snarked, standing from where he was leaning on the cruiser.

"Where'd they go?" Charlie asked.

"We'll find her, Charlie." Harry reassured, placing a hand on Charlie's shoulder.

I zone out as the men continue to discuss. Nobody had told me that they left town, not even the part of the family I was closest with, Emmett. I knew it had something to do with the party.. It was an obvious fact.

But Jasper had made a mistake. Just like the rest of them had. And nobody there would've let it happen again.

A feeling was spreading through my chest. I didn't know if it was hurt or anger at them. But there was also relief. I did feel a bit safer here knowing that it was clean of vampires.

However, I couldn't get over the fact that none of them had even told me they were leaving. It shocked me.

I had to wave it off for the moment. We needed to find Bella. And my personal feelings would just get in the way.

Bella's whereabouts were discussed actively as many of us paced. Jacob and I stood still as I curled myself into his side.

"We're gonna find her, Jake. You know that nobody will stop looking." I murmured, nudging him.

He took a breath and nodded. He was very anxious and it was so obvious. Nothing I said would relax him.. But it was still comforting for him to hear me speak, I thought.