Chapter 25

Fluorescent lights shined across the club, tracing along the bodies of the drunken, sweaty messes. The stench of B.O. filled the club, growing stronger and stronger, as the night carried on. I pushed my way through the dancers, gasping for air; I took a quick second to smell my own underarms, as I made my way over the bar, where Ronnie was still sitting. My underarms smelt fine, still of the wonderful aroma that is, Cocoa Butter.

"And then I says, Obama, buddy ol' pal-"

"Bullshit. You don't know Obama!" A man retorted, shaking his cup of ice at the bartender. The bartender grabbed the cup and gave me a look, as I sat down next to Ronnie. I wondered how the hell he and this random man got on the conversation of Barack Obama, but I decided I wouldn't bother.

"Parka!" He giggled, turning to me, away from the man who was now shouting obscenities to the bartender. "What brings you back over to me? I was just telling Tim here about the time the guys and I met, Barack Obama." I chuckled at Ronnie, placing my head on his shoulder, somewhat for comfort, somewhat to annoy him.

Tim was facing us again, his eyes stayed on the sight of Ronnie and I. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?" I snorted, rolling my eyes too. Ronnie turned his head, so that part of his head was against mine. I pretended to snuggle up closer to him, Tim shifted in his seat.

"Actually, she's fucking both the lead singer and I."

I jerked away from him at that. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. I knew he was joking but that didn't mean his comment couldn't sit well with me. It annoyed me he would bring Brando into the conversation - the guy who had disappeared into thin air, at that.

Tim's lips quivered as he took another sloppy drink of his beer, streams of liquid falling from his glass. "Gimme some of that." He winked. I returned his wink, with a Shrek looking grin, before I turned to see if I could locate Talie. The last time I had seen the bustling girl, was when Charlie and I convinced a random girl, that him and I were a thing; girls always bombarded the poor boy, whenever we were out and about like this. It was funny the first few times it happened, but the three of us get to the point where we just say it's a three some. It makes them run. Fast.

I moved away from her as soon as she started a fiery rant about Liam. He was upset with The Killers being back, mainly Dave, that he told her she had to pick between the two. Talie confessed to me that was part of the reason why she had dropped the bomb of clubbing onto us, so randomly. She needed to forget.

I didn't breathe too much into it. They would be over it in a few days tops.

"Well, I'm gonna go look for Natalie now. It was nice chatting with ya." I didn't look at the two men. I pushed myself from my bar stool, and headed toward the crowd.

"Mi!"

I turned around. Ronnie was waving me over, as he set his cup down. "Yeah?" I asked, once I reached Ronnie and the creep. His mouth moved but I couldn't hear anything, the dancers were screeching behind me. I turned my head to get a good glance of the scene going on.

"I'll be giving away, three hundred dollars to the best dancer of the night! Everyone back up! Let's make a circle for those who want to participate-"

More noise overtook the club.

A gritty feeling ran across my ear, erupting shivers across my body, sending images of past events to slide into my line of sight, both the man I once knew, and currently knew were in standing in front of me. The man I once knew, was daunting; the man I currently knew had that glance across his face, that made me tingle.

Insults were dripping to the left; smooth words were being sung to the right. Both two sights I didn't want to see. Both of which, I didn't want to be reminded of. I closed my eyes, squeezing my lids, hoping that would block the sight, from infecting me any further.