Chapter 10

Talie and I swerved between the crowds of people that filled The Roxy. We managed to get a spot up front, but that was only because Talie wasn't afraid to fight with anyone. She had the guts to actually push people out of her way. Nobody fought back, they only glared at her and moved away from the front. She only replied back to the glares, with a smile.

“I'm taking it, Liam isn't coming?” I shouted, over the noise. The Killers hadn't even went on yet, and neither did the local band they picked at last minute; yet the crowd was already pumped. She shook her head.

“No. He had to work tonight.” She replied, into my ear. I nodded and looked around. I had never been to a concert in Boston. Only in my hometown, but they weren't necessary popular. They were all bands my brother was a fan of. He used to drag me to concerts...

People were already, practically touching. I hated it. I slid closer to Talie. “I'm guessing this concert wasn't a last minute announcement, like the opener?” I called into her ear. She shrugged.

“I have no idea! The Killers have over a million likes on Facebook, so...” She laughed. I only looked ahead at the stage, that sat in front of us. It was dark, but you could see the crew members running around the stage, getting it all perfect for the first band.

Some shouts were coming from behind us. I figured it was just some fans, already piss drunk, so I ignored it. That is, until I saw somebody tapping Natalie on the shoulder, from the corner of my eye. We both turned around. A unfamiliar guy was behind us. He was staring at Talie. “Natalie Beck?!” He hollered. She nodded.

“Yes?”

“I'm Dustin,” he began moving into closer to her, “I'm with the venue. I usually help out backstage and The Killers wanted me to send you a message...” His voice trailed off, before he was talking into her right ear. I watched as he talked to her. Her mouth hung slightly open, and she nodded every now and again. He patted her on the shoulder and walked away. I turned around and watched for a few seconds as he made his way through the crowd. I turned and began asking Talie a million questions.

“How did he find you? What did they want to tell you?” I demanded. She smiled at me.

“Dave showed him a picture, and they want us to meet them backstage after the show!” She chirped. I was suddenly thankful for the noise. If anybody around us had heard, they would trample us to death, in demand of a way to get themselves backstage. I'm sure we would get a lot of hate spat at us too, I'm sure people would think we, were groupies or something.

Talie cut through the crowd, and returned with drinks. She had some cheap beer in hand, and a orange soda in the other. I smiled, as she handed me my favorite soda. We turned toward the stage. We opened our cans in unison and clanked them together, for some kind of toast. We talked back and fourth, mainly about the venue and the opening band.

I jumped, as I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and Talie did too. We turned around to see Charlie standing there. My belly turned, as I looked up at him, under the dim lights that filled the room. He winked at me, before speaking.

“Sorry I'm late! My class got out late!” He announced, taking the spot to my left, that was somehow still free. I had no clue how no one, had shimmed their way up to that spot. Either way, I was thankful no one had. There was a block – me – between Charlie and Natalie, meaning: he wouldn't be able to tell her about the shit that had went down earlier. My anxiety didn't settle, though. He could very well tell her later.

“It's cool! You're just in time. I believe it's almost seven-thirty. Mi, can you check?” Talie ordered. I fished my phone from my back pocket.

“It's seven-twenty six.” I announced. Talie smiled.