Mommy Ripper

I was pretty annoyed that Kai just left Damon after he told him his Mum's a Ripper, so here I am deciding to rewrite the scene.
Characters: Kai, Damon, Stefan (mentioned), Lily (mentioned), Klaus (mentioned), Elijah (mentioned)
Pairings: None
Warnings: Kai and Damon's relationship is OOC, panic attack
Summary: "Your mom's a Ripper!" Kai yelled, silencing Damon.

Damon slammed Kai up against the wall. "You said we could get her back!" He growled in his face. Kai remained calm, saying "I'm telling you as a... semi-sane person, you really don't want that."
"And I'm telling you, as a vampire who eats people..." Damon interrupted, anger coursing through his veins. "... you really don't wanna piss me off."
"I'm trying to save your life." Kai said, but that only served to make Damon's anger worse. He gave Kai an extra shove against the wall. "Tell me how to get her back!"
"Your mom's a Ripper!" Kai yelled, silencing Damon.
"Ok? She's a Ripper." He repeated, slightly calmer.
Damon released Kai, who moved a few steps away from him. They turned to face each other, Damon's face demanding explanation.
"She turned in 1858." Kai began. "Faked her death, went to Europe where she... went a little nuts."

This was all getting too much for Damon.
"No." He murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.
"Bodies piled up, she moved to kill some more until she had to move again." Damon shook his head in disbelief, but Kai wasn't done yet. "Maybe three thousand in total." Damon was being overloaded with information. It was impossible that his sweet, loving mother was a Ripper who killed literal thousands. 

"That's enough." He said, his voice still at the same low level. Kai ignored him, continuing his explanation. "And, for some reason, my Coven made it their duty to stop her." Damon tried to say something, raising a hand to silence Kai that fell almost immediately as words failed him. "So they cut her off in New York harbour before she could tear through Manhattan." Kai said, oblivious to Damon's distress. "Granted, by the time they got to the ship, everybody was dead." Damon let out a short breath, his chest was tightening; he couldn't take much more of this. "It was so gruesome, they had to burn it there at the harbour." 

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!" Damon roared, but his voice was strained and several octaves higher than usual. Kai took a few steps back as Damon glared at him. "I guess I'll just show myself out." He said. Damon didn't say anything as Kai walked past him, he just glared.

Just as Kai made it to the front door, he heard the thud of a body and a grunt. Damon had collapsed onto the steps, obviously unable to handle the weight of the load Kai had just put on him. Cursing the feelings that had come with merging with Luke, Kai paused and turned around. Damon was breathing heavily, his chest wheezing slightly. To Kai, Damon sounded like he was having some sort of panic attack. That thought was what made him sigh a little, then walk back over to the vampire, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"I know that's not nice news to hear, and I'm sorry I had to be the one to deliver it to you. It's an immense burden to carry." Damon looked up at Kai. "Thought you were leaving." He grunted. Kai sighed and move to sit on Damon's right. "No, that would be wrong of me to leave you like this. I'm blaming the feelings Luke gave me, but I'm not leaving you after being the one to dump such a... dark truth onto your shoulders." Damon blinked a few times, his breathing still heavy. 

"Dumb question, but are you alright? I don't like the sound of your breathing." Damon grabbed his chest, pulling on his shirt slightly, but nodded. "Fine." He choked out, but his deep breathing remained the same. "Here, sit up with your back against the wall." Kai said. Damon just shot him a death look. "I said I'm fine." He growled out amidst gasps of breath. Kai patted him on the shoulder. "Yep, but your lungs are telling me you're having a panic attack. Now, back against the wall." Damon glared at Kai for a few more seconds, then did as asked. "Good, now back straight, bend your knees slightly, put your hands on them. Keep your head up." Damon slowly and reluctantly did as he was told, and Kai could see the position had helped open the vampire's lungs up slightly.