- 𝐹𝐼𝑁𝐴𝐿 𝑁𝑂𝑇𝐸 -

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e
-— ꧁꧂ —-

We made it to the end.

Even with all the victorious feelings I have for finally wrapping up the book, I do feel a little bit sad that it's all over. But even so, Steve and Bucky's story lives on in our imaginations.

I was reading a usual Avengers fic when I first encountered Steve and Bucky's relationship. I was well aware of Steve and him being Captain America, but I didn't fully knew who Bucky was. He was first described to me as a former assassin, a man who did away with his murderous ways. I wondered, was he a villain, or a hero?

I wasn't quick to judge. I searched him up, watched the Captain America movies, and thats where I realized that Barnes isn't a villain at all. He was a good, handsome young boy whose fate was twisted into a whole new path. And it wasn't his fault. All the need for power was just so inevitable.

And I couldn't just accept that Steve would just leave him in the heat of the moment. At first, when I didn't knew about Bucky, I have to admit, I was actually very happy about Steve getting married, but now I understand why so many people just weren't here for it.

I just don't understand. They were there for each other. Side by side, until the end of the line. Steve practically tried to get himself drunk and wasted when Bucky died. He cried when he had to witness Bucky falling off the train.

If Endgame Steve would be considered the accurate Steve, then he wouldn't have cared about saving Bucky from Hydra in the first place. He could've just killed him there. Why would he care? Peggy's gone so that's that. But no. He saved him, because Bucky had saved him from countless fights, and this was barely a payback for what he has done.

"Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield." Um, sis, that doesn't sound heterosexual to me at all. That relationship is literally on a whole new level. Remember when Steve, Sam were in a vehicle, and Steve was questioned on why he wanted to save Bucky? I'll quote his unforgettable response, "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky," Even when Steve lost the last remaining member of his family, even when he lost everyone he loved, Bucky was there for him. When Bucky tried to flirt with Peggy, he actually wasn't flirting at all. He was all mad and heartbroken seeing the way Peggy and Steve look at each other. They made Steve look heartless. Selfish.

So at this point after all that shitty rant, you probably understood why I wrote this fic. I gave Steve and Bucky's relationship justice. And even though my writing doesn't seem any appealing at all in your opinion, I don't mind. All that matters is that I gave Steve's character a much better closure. Even if you say Chris Evans doesn't want to play the role anymore, they still could've come up with a better plan of giving Captain America's character a much more accurate and likely ending.

Maybe, in some canon alternative universe, Steve actually stays for Bucky. You never know, the possibilities are endless. I mean, as Spiderman would say, there are multiverses now. It wasn't expected, but it was bound to happen. So let's not give our hopes up. I'm sure there is one alternative universe where the world is a better place.

Even with all the shit Steve made, let's still appreciate him. He helped saved the universe from extinction and brought back the dead to life. For the sake of the universe. We'll give him that. And besides, we know Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes are in one hell of a ride.

Bidding my adieu,

— Angeline x

-— ꧁꧂ —-