e | 𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

It's been months ever since the whole drama thing happened between the two, but Bucky still couldn't help but feel so overwhelmed about it. He's finally dating Steve. He's finally dating the man of his dreams.

The thought of it makes him genuinely smile. He'd never done that in about eighty years now. The last time he felt cheerful was when he brought him and Steve dates for the Stark Expo. Those beautiful dames didn't knew they were just a small distraction. Bucky needed to distract himself from his inevitable feelings. It was quite obvious it ended up in a debacle.

Bucky snuggles closer, wanting more of Steve's warmth. It's the fall season, and the climate has gotten colder than ever. But he didn't care, as long as he had Steve to warm him up.

Yeah, he's pretty convinced nothing is better than cuddling with Steve at the couch, while binge-watching some movies.

As Steve feels Bucky snuggling closer, he braces him tighter and places a soft, gentle kiss on his forehead. Bucky looks up at Steve's natural blue eyes, silently telling him that he wants another one. Steve gladly presses his mouth against his, longing for each other's warmth, barely even paying attention to the television screen anymore.

As they slowly pull apart, Steve smiles as he looks down on his sweet, charming boyfriend. He could only imagine Peggy watching the two of them happily. He couldn't thank her enough for all the support she had given. "Love you, Buck."

"Love you too, Stevie."

If it weren't for her, Steve wouldn't had come back.

Sam couldn't be any happier receiving the news of Steve and Bucky being official. He joked around with the two of them, spilling all the secrets Steve and Bucky had individually confided in him.

For the first time in ages, Bucky could confidently confirm that life is great.

The Avengers are idling at the moment, seeing that the world and the universe is at peace so far. Steve couldn't even fathom how far they've gotten, how far the Avengers had gotten. They grew so big. And now they have the entire universe into their responsibility.

Although it's no denying that guarding the universe is a tough job to do, Steve doesn't mind. He has Bucky to help him along the way, until the end of the line.

As both of them are covered up in blankets. Bucky caresses Steve's soft hand as he leans his head against his shoulder. "I can't believe you really came back for me."

Steve slightly frowns in confusion. "Why wouldn't I?"

Bucky sighed. "You had Peggy. If she didn't tell you about everything, you could've just married her and had a future with her. You could've had a family and had kids to carry your legacy."

Steve gently places a hand on the brunette's cheek. "Bucky, we don't need legacy. We don't need money. I don't need kids. I could make a family with just you alone, and that's enough. It's more than I could ask for."

"But—"

"No buts." Steve cuts him off abruptly, not wanting Bucky to contradict him any further. "I'm staying with you, and that's all that matters."

Bucky embraces Steve, needing more warmth. Silence awaits the two as the movie continues to play.

"I thought I'd lost you when you went back in time."

Steve looks back at Bucky lovingly. "Buck, you never lost me. I just got you back after all those years of mourning, and I'm just not about to let you go again."

"I guess so," Bucky mutters softly, pecking Steve's plump lips. "I'm with you 'till the end of the line, pal."

Steve pulls the brunette for another sweet kiss. "I'm with you 'till the end of the line, love."

—FIN—