1 | 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Bruce starts to count ten seconds once again, expecting for Steve to return. Little did they know, he decides not to come back, because he's about to see the person he wanted to spend time with all his life.

Bucky's heart is constantly pounding every second. He knew this moment would come, yet he couldn't explain why he's having these tears, anger, sadness all plastered on his face. He tried to mentally prepare himself for this day, but he couldn't. Because it's Steve. The one he cares about the most. The guy who probably doesn't even care about him at all at this point.

"One!" Bruce yells. He and the other lads were expecting blue sparks to appear, but they didn't. For a few seconds he was still calm, thinking that Steve's arrival was just delayed. It didn't take too long for Bruce and Scott to argue on the platform of buttons.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know! He should be here by now."

"Well, bring him back! You know how this thing works, right?"

"You think I'm not putting my best efforts here? I don't even know if he got caught or got stuck at that timeline!"

"Goddamnit, just do what you have to do and bring him back!"

Sam enters the argument, leaving the three chaotic. Only Bucky remains silent, turning his gaze into the horizon. The view was amazing, but he was expecting something else. An old man sitting on the wooden bench nearby. Wearing a leather jacket and a pair of jeans. Has extremely wrinkled skin from age, an old, yet strong Steve Rogers.

But he didn't saw one speck of him.

That's where the anxiety begins. Bucky feels like he was about to hyperventilate; what if Steve didn't make it? What if he died? It only takes him ten seconds to go back here, and if he doesn't, then what else could possibly happen? Death, he thinks. He thinks his friend didn't make it alive at that age, but then again, he lived happily ever after, like the fairy tales.

He was thinking too much that he didn't hear the trio behind him calm down and exclaim at the same time when sparks had gone wild on the platform. He was too heartbroken to mind anymore. He walked further away to exclude himself from the little group, taking in all of his emotions.

He didn't care anymore. He wanted to cry so hard. He wouldn't mind anymore if the rest of them hears him. Steve wouldn't hear his cries anyway. He wished that he had the strength to cry it out loud, that he loves him, and he will never get the chance of being with him anymore. I don't care if Sam laughs at my face anymore, out of all people he should be the first one to understand my situation.

Bucky was actually about to do it. Something, or rather, someone, stopped him. He was literally about to yell those three painful words when a hand was placed on his shoulder, hearing the calming voice he'd never expect to hear again.

"Buck, are you okay?"