10 | 𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙

Sam didn't really had anything in mind.

Well, he did initially thought of bringing the two to the Smithsonian, but he figured they've been there countless times, reminiscing the time when he helped Steve make Bucky remember of his past self. Plus, he wasn't sure if Bucky would have another episode, even though Shuri had washed away the remnants of Hydra in his mind.

At times when he accompanied Steve as he helps Bucky remember himself (in case the soldier gets wild and stuff), he did hear them talk about Coney Island. He heard they've gone there when they were kids and used to ride a lot. I believe he also threw up at the Cyclone?

Coney Island it is.

And it's a great idea. Several reasons could be pointed out. Steve and Bucky had never been to Coney Island in ages; Bucky was in Wakanda, freezed, while Steve was a fugitive, hiding from the shadows until Thanos came. Besides, they're also in New York. Well, Steve and Bucky are in Brooklyn, but Coney Island isn't too far. Also, it was their childhood place. That would probably help them forget about whatever happened between them, at least for a while. And maybe he could talk to them about what actually happened.

It seems like things are getting more and more complicated between the two. Sam figured this out once he stepped inside their shared apartment. He didn't knew how to help two old soldiers solve their whole friendship problem.

If Natasha were here, things would've been easier.

Natasha had helped Bucky and Steve in times where they needed it. Heck, she even teased about them becoming a cute couple. When Steve denied it, she called it bullshit.

And now that she's gone, Sam felt like it's up to him to bring these two together. Although, there's one problem.

None of them knows about their feelings for each other. At least, that's what Sam thinks. He has yet to learn Steve had found out about it, and Bucky is just...seemingly oblivious.

Seeing that Bucky doesn't talk to him without throwing sarcastic slurs and degrading insults, he decided he would talk to Steve. The question is, when.

Now, Sam thinks. So he quickly dials his number on the phone, in hopes of Steve answering the call. Although, it may...take him a while.

-

Steve had just finished the dishes as he dries his hands with a soft towel. He picks a large piece of tissue to wipe off the kitchen a little bit to make it clean. Bucky had figured how to use, and watch Disney+, since they had just started their subscription. There are quite a lot of movies streaming, and considering the fact that Steve is highly obsessed with Disney ever since the thirties, they ended up subscribing.

Steve felt a small vibration in his pocket. Figuring it's his phone, he reaches for it, looking for the caller. Sam. What could possibly be the matter this time?

Pushing away his thoughts aside, he presses the green call button, and presses his phone against his ear gently. "Hey Sam, what's up?"

Sam, at the other end of the line, kept it simple, short, and straightforward. "We're heading out Coney Island. Tomorrow."

"Alright," Steve was a little bit shocked Sam talked about it, but he wasn't disappointed in any way. In fact, he's a little happy about it. He's never been to Coney Island in forever. "Do you need anything else?"

"Actually," Sam breathes. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"About what?"

"Bucky..."

Steve was a little bit nervous. Why would he want to talk about Bucky? Is there something wrong? Is there-

"...I think he likes you."

Steve blinks for a few seconds. He knew?

"I know that," Steve sighs, keeping in mind that he was talking to someone on the phone. He moves farther away from where Bucky is sitting, making sure he doesn't hear anything they might talk about.

"You knew?"

"Let's just say, a good friend of mine told me, while I was in the quantum realm," Steve explained. He totally did not want to tell Sam about...Peggy.

"Care to tell me who this good friend of yours is?" Sam asks teasingly. Steve lets out a small, soft chuckle.

"No..." Steve replies softly, thinking about Peggy and the conversation they had about Bucky. "No, I don't think I will."

"A'ight, suit yourself," Sam slightly laughs in response. "But really, if you already know he likes you, well, you gotta talk to him, man. It's not like that lover of yours will ever talk about it. We all know how he behaves."

"I know," Steve looks down. "I just, I don't know how to tell him."

Sam sighs. "Do you love him, Steve?"

"W-what?"

"I said," Sam inhales softly, "do you love Bucky?"

"I do..." Steve replies. He could feel his heart beat slowly. He tried his best not to cry at this point, thinking about how Bucky loved him all these years, even at a time when he had forgotten himself. "Yeah, I love him."

Sam smiles from the other end of the line. "Then you'll figure out how you'll tell him."

Steve sighs in relief. He knew Sam could be reliable at times, even when he's a bitch. "Thanks, Sam. I'm glad you helped me on this."

"No problem, man," Sam replied. "Just let me know when you need help, I'll be right behind you. Well, not literally, but figuratively."

Steve laughs. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. I'll be at your doorstep." the call drops, as Steve glances at Bucky, oblivious of what he had been doing the whole while. He shoves his phone down in his pocket. Just as when he did that, Bucky's head turns around to meet his face.

"Hey, you need to watch this movie, I think you'll like it," he smiles slightly, making the blonde blush lightly.

"Alright," he smiles back as he makes his way back to the living room, where Bucky relaxes in their couch. He only had one thought on his head.

You'll figure out how you'll tell him.