Chapter 7

Fun fact: Ethan from Arknights has the same voice actor as Present Mic (Hiroyuki Yoshino).

<•>

Shota was grateful for the peaceful night. He was tired from the festival yesterday, having been dragged by Mic to do commentary. He had just gotten his bandages removed today as well, so doing patrol tonight needed getting used to again. His body still ached a bit, and Recovery Girl had told him to take it slow, knowing that she wouldn't be able to stop him from pushing himself to do hero work.

As much as he wanted to keep doing his hero work before, he had to admit that it was pretty much impossible for him to do it efficiently, or at all, with both arms casted. The Nomu really did a number on him.

He was on his last hour of the shift before he was going to retire for the night. He yawned and got ready for the last one-hour stretch, hoping it would be peaceful.

However, he realized he jinxed it as he spotted two people. One had an arm slung over the other's shoulders, looking passed out. From the high view he had, he could barely recognize that the one unconscious was you.

Shota hesitantly dropped down from the building slowly with his capture weapon. "What's going on?"

He looked the other person over: a reptilian man with blue hair and wearing a white hoodie. Then to you, your eyes slightly open but hazy.

The man stepped back slowly with your weight against him. "Who are you?"

"I'm Eraserhead, a pro-hero." Shota nodded at you. "Did they pass out? How?" He didn't know of any bars nearby, and he saw the coffee cup spilled on the ground, so he knew you weren't drunk.

"I don't know, they just got lightheaded and started stumbling." The man stuttered over his words. "Do you know them?"

"No. Are you a friend?"

He nodded. "We were just hanging out and talking. I'll get them back to their home and let them sleep. See if they get better."

Shota narrowed his eyes. "Sleep?"

"Um, yeah. They looked like they needed sleep anyway. They're probably just really tired." The hero noticed the man's tail curling up. "Unless you suggest I take them to the hospital?"

"No, it's probably fine if you get them back home. I'm just about done for my shift, I can get them there quickly if you tell me the directions."

"Thanks, but it's fine. I've got it."

Shota nodded slowly, watching as the man managed to get you on his back and surprisingly, went at a quick pace. His tail was still curled tightly as he walked off.

Shota got himself up on the building again, then started following the man.

A while later, they finally arrived at a small house. The man searched your pockets for something, and when he didn't find anything, he grabbed something from on top of the outdoor light next to the door. It must've been keys, as the man then opened the door. The door was still open after a while, even though Shota had been sitting outside observing for a while.

The man finally reappeared, and left. Shota watched the man go, but he suddenly disappeared in a blink of an eye when a car passed and blocked the view. He wasn't sure what had happened, but he dropped down in front of the house and tried the door. Locked.

You must have a spare outside just in case, if you lived alone. He checked the previous place it was at and found that the man had replaced the keys there. They were quite hidden because of the indent the light had.

He stepped in, concerned and suspicious of what had happened. He looked around the room, and quickly spotted you on a couch.

Your breathing was irregular, he noticed. You were sweating and your eyebrows were furrowed, as if angry at something.

"That lizard man...." Shota muttered under his breath. He said he was a close friend, but didn't know about your insomnia and nightmares?

The hero decided to shake you awake. "[L/N]!"

<•>

Why are they here? They're basically quirkless.

Such potential... gone to waste.

Eyes were on you, glaring and disappointed.

You could've been a hero if it weren't for your useless quirk.

"[L/N!]"

The man came up to you angrily, fists clenched and steps heavy.

It's your fault he died.

"[L/N]!"

You squinted your eyes, not fully conscious and awake. The voice, the figure in front of you, sounded so much like him. That bastard.

You frantically waved your arms in front of you, attempting to hit whoever was in front.

"Hey." The voice's owner caught your wrists, stopping you. "It's me, Eraserhead."

You blinked, taking in what was in front of you. It was difficult in the dark room, and the man had dark hair and dark clothes. The white scarf-like capture weapon and bloodshot eyes, however, made it clear to you that it was indeed Eraserhead. He let go of your arms when you calmed down.

You rubbed your eyes, realizing you were tearing up. Heck, it's nothing to cry about. Stop it. It's in the past. It's over. It's stupid. It's nothing.

Your thoughts became words in the last sentence.

"What's nothing?" Eraser's face was serious as ever but his voice showed concern.

"Where...?" you asked, ignoring his question. You had realized you were on the couch in your home. You vaguely remembered that you were outside with Ethan before passing out. "What happened?"

Eraser stared at you as if considering how to tell you, then sighed. "I saw you passed out with someone and I went to see if it was alright. They claimed to be your friend and brought you here. I was suspicious since they didn't seem to know about your insomnia and nightmares at all so I checked to see if you were okay."

You stayed silent for a while. You didn't like to fall asleep just like that, without knowing preemptively. Why did that happen?

You took a deep breath. "Thanks," you said plainly. You looked down. "He's a friend. I guess he just forgot about that. Don't worry about it."

"You don't just faint and fall asleep like that. Did something happen?"

You shook your head. He can't have any suspicions about him at all. "I was probably just really tired. I do that sometimes if I don't get enough sleep." Now that wasn't a lie.

Eraser stared at you again, a bored but serious look on his face. "What about your nightmare?"

"It's nothing," you repeated. "Just some, y'know... nightmare bullshit. I'll get over it eventually."

"You did say it's been going on for years."

"It's fine. On the bright side, I'm able to stay up for days." A sudden vibration made you jump. You took out your phone, seeing a text from Tomura.

Tomura:
You alright?

You quickly closed it, not quite processing what the text was. "It's my cousin," you said quickly after seeing Eraser's raised eyebrow. "I'm visiting him in a bit."

Eraser finally nodded and sighed. "Alright. I'll be off now if you're sure you're okay. Sorry for coming in without permission."

He stood up, heading towards the door. You watched him leave, glad that he gave up questioning you.

You brought your knees up to your chest and hugged them, glaring at a random spot on your couch in anger at yourself. Forget.

You shook your head. Tomura had asked that you come over to talk and work on something. You shrugged to yourself. You'll go in a few minutes, once you've calmed down and just stopped thinking about that.