Chapter 44

There was a sort of tension in the air when Present Mic mentioned 'traitor'.

"Only the teachers and the Pussycats knew the location of the training camp," he explained, his announcer tone making it much more unnecessarily dramatic. "Even students—"

"Cut it out, Mic," Nemuri interrupted. She'd hate to suspect her colleagues and friends, especially the students.

"Cut what out? We're going to get to the bottom of this, now!"

"Can you even prove that you yourself are 100% innocent?" Snipe shot back. "Are you able to judge which of us is good?"

"Umm...." Mic started biting the bottom of his lips frustratedly.

"Though," Snipe continued, "Mx. [L/N] is new. They're not a professional hero, and everything started going wrong when they arrived."

"That can be said about anyone," Nemuri quickly said. She pursed her lips. "If we're going by that logic, everything started going wrong when 'insert student from first year' arrived." They had to be reasonable. And she knew you couldn't have betrayed them.

Nezu raised a paw. "At the very least, I can say that I trust those here." He looked around at his staff. "The teachers here, including Mx. L/N]. I hired them because they could fill a role and I felt that they could teach the students something new. And according to a student witness, they had risked their own life for him and a younger child, as well as tried to stop a Nomu. If they turn out to be a traitor, I will take full responsibility. In any case, as a school, we have to guarantee the safety of our students."

<•>

Tomura wanted to focus on what he was doing for Sensei. The vanguard squad that was sent, this kid they brought, the chaos they've caused.

But he couldn't help but worry. The television was broadcasting news of the situation, and while the student and hero casualties and villain captures announced were expected, you were not. The intel he received did not mention you being at the camp. The other villain group being there and getting caught was not anything he planned for either.

Tomura refused to let hesitance show, and he continued his plan, staring at the crazed kid in front of him, ready to attack anyone who approached him. Tomura had barely held in his anger when the kid knocked Father's hand off of him.

His patience was thin.

And suddenly, all reason and patience went out the window when the heroes attacked, bursting through the door and walls.

Heroes... how? How did they find this place? His mind wandered to the villains he recruited—was one of them a spy? Then to you—did you give him away? Then to the heroes—they probably had some good info gatherers, like he does. That must be it, or course. You wouldn't betray him.

You were like an older sibling to him.

He yelled for Kurogiri to bring the Nomu over.

He was like a little brother to you.

It was falling apart as Kurogiri reported that they were all gone.

And sadly, he realized, he was not acting like one.

Black goop started forming in the villains' mouths, and soon they were all transported in front of Sensei.

Everything just blurred around him, as his mind was occupied with needing Sensei's approval, and you.

Attacks were made against them by heroes, or rather, a rescue mission by damn kids. He failed to stop them from saving the kid they kidnapped.

Sensei force-activated Kurogiri's quirk to open a large portal. When Tomura saw it, he resisted, not wanting to be separated again. The force activation tendrils went to Magne next, pulling the others in with her quirk. Tomura reached for Sensei, not wanting to leave him behind.

He was going to lose him.

And he was going to lose you, too.