Chapter 14

Billy's POV

My eyes flutter open, the brightness hurting my eyes.

"My eyes." I hiss, sounding like a vampire and putting my arm before my eyes to block out the light.

I hear someone groan beside me and my eyes grow wide.

Slowly yet causiously, my eyes move to my right, my body stiff and I am on high alert.

On the couch bellow my window lies the most adorable thing ever.

Seth.

A billion butterflies push through my stomach, wanting to be let out. Aw, he looks so cute and so vulnerable.

The sun is shining through the curtains on him and I can hear a choir singing in my head.

You know, like when Spongebob creates the perfect Krabby Patty and light shines on it and then that glorious sound goes off.

It's kind of like that.

I look down at myself. I'm still in my school clothes from yesterday with a quilt covering me.

I peel the quilt off me, trying to make as little noise as possible as I stalk to the bathroom.

I close the door behind me and strip, showering, brushing my teeth and drying myself off speedily, wanting to get back to Seth ASAP.

Maybe I'll watch him sleep. That'd be creepy.

Crap, I forgot to bring underwear and clothing. Oh my god this is going to be embarressing.

I put my damp hair up in a wet bun and roll a fluffy green towel around me.

What? I love green, ok.

I open the door slightly so that one eye can peek through. I scan the room. No Seth in sight.

Maybe I was just dreaming when I saw him lying on my couch.

I sigh sadly, holding the towel closer.

I walk towards my closet, slipping into comfy lingerie, a dark denim shorts, purple flip flops and a white cotton shirt.

I blow dry my hair, leaving it loose and padding downstairs. I don't feel like going to school today.

As I near the kitchen I hear cheery voices. Laughing and making jokes taking place.

I don't know how but I can feel Seth is one of the people in the kitchen, my heart racing as I draw closer to his amazing voice.

Jee whiz, I need to get a hold on how this guy makes me feel.

I lean against the door frame, watching Bea, Chord and Seth joke around and prepare breakfast.

Seth's nose flares as he breaths in my scent, his eyes almost immediatly finding mine.

Everyone is silent so I take it as my queue to waltz over to the kitchen island, grabbing a blood red apple from the bowl and setting it in front of me.

"Why didn't you guys go to school?" I ask, breaking through the awkwardness that makes me feel unwelcome.

Bea's wearing a light pink strapless summer dress that flows and stops mid thigh with her favourite pink high heels that has a flower at the heel. Her hair is let down so I'm guessing she's going somewhere.

Chord is in his black, white and grey cargo pants that stops at his knees, black high tops and a clear white Tee.

Seth is wearing a three quarter camel coloured shorts, a white vest and black Levi sneakers.