Chapter 13

Seth's POV

"Well, Chord, I'm listening, why didn't you pick up when I called?" Alpha Rudy has calmed down a little but his expression is still stoic as he paces the huge living room.

Chord and I are seated on seperate white leather couches.

It's taking a hell of a lot in me not to gorge his damn eyes out right now.

I can feel my anger building up but the need to be with my mate is stronger and I know that this guy means a lot to her.

That thought makes me want to hurt him even more.

Damn it!

"My battery died." Chord looks to the ground.

"Is he a-" I start.

"Yes, he's a wolf." The Alpha says.

"But, I got no scent from him."

"We have this liquid one of my . . . friends made. Billy calls it no-scent perfume. She lives with us so she smells like us, she doesn't want people to get the wrong idea so she uses it. Chord is her personal guard. He uses it too. It's all about the element of surprise you see. Chord wanted to blend in and she couldn't know he was her guard. He had to approach her as a friend, so that she could trust him. This is the only way I can keep my daughter safe."

I stare at Chord with disbelief, his eyes still glued to the floor.

All this time Billy thought he was a friend. It was all just fake. This would kill her.

"As Billy's mate, you have this natural instinct to protect her. We need all the help we can get." Rudy continues, "Greta isn't Billy's mother."

I gape at this.

"Greta and I, we have an arrangement similar to yours and Bea's. The reason I love Billy so much is because she is from my mate."

"Brownie's a love-child." I look at the Alpha with wide eyes.

"Billy. Don't use pet names in front of me. You might be her mate but I'll kill you."

I nod in understanding.

"Shorty after I married Greta, I found my mate while running in the forest. Her name was Diya." He smiles ruefully, remembering her I guess, "She knew I was married but I told her I'd leave Greta. Diya told me I couldn't because Greta was pregnant. I wondered how she knew but she told me I had to figure it out myself. When I came home, Greta's doctor told me she was pregnant. With twins. I was going to be a father. I found out that Diya was special. We were enemies and she turned out to be pregnant too. A girl. I was overjoyed and when I wasn't as over excited with Greta, she knew something was wrong. Coincidently Greta and Diya were giving birth in the same hospital and when one of Greta's twins died, Diya told me to put Billy in her place because we knew it would just kill Greta if she knew that one of her daughters died and I would be able to get to know my daughter and protect her from those who want to harm her."

"You said Diya was your enemy and that she was special. You also said that people want to harm Billy. Why? What is she?"

"An Elemental."

I feel like the wind has just been knocked out of me. My mate is an Elemental. We are sworn enemies.

Fate, huh?

"Billy appears to be human. She's supposed to be either werewolf or Elemental but neither one of her abilities have appeared so I take it she's just as fragile as a human."

I sigh in relief. I am so happy that my mate is not my enemy, not that it mattered in the case of Rudy and Diya.

Would it matter to me if Billy was an Elemental?

Chord's POV

You heard right, Alpha Rudy might think that I tell him everything but my loyalty lies with Billy.

I know I didn't have time to tell him but I won't tell him about Billy getting her powers. That will stay between the two of us until she decides otherwise.

I'll tell her the truth first thing in the morning, even of she hates me for it.

I don't know what she wants to do about the whole Axel thing. That idiot hurt her once before, I won't let it happen again.

When Axel and Billy were together I kept my promise and till this day nobody besides the four of us know about their relationship.

By the four of us I mean, me, Billy, Axel and his close friend Randy.

Lets just hope that I never have to resort to telling the Alpha about this. He'll have my head on a stake for sure.