-34- Happily Ever After

Aang had done it. The firelord was defeated, the Earth Kingdom wasn't burned to a crisp, and Ozai was in jail. Everything was as it should be.

"You look good (Y/N)," I came face to face with Mai, she gestured to my dress.

"Thank you," I bowed a little, curtseying with a goofy smile, "I'm glad you're out

"Thank you," I bowed a little, curtseying with a goofy smile, "I'm glad you're out."

"Yeah," She sighed, "I'm happy for you."

She smiled slightly, then she walked past me, placing her hand on my shoulder as she walked past, "Take good care of him."

"Are you doing okay in here?" I poked my head into zuko's room, I laughed when I realized he was having trouble putting on his firelord robe, "Need help Princey?"

He smiled, "This is the last time you can call me that you know."

I laughed, walking over and putting the robe on for him, "The fact you're gonna become firelord isn't gonna stop me."

"I love you."

I laughed, "You making up for lost time or something? We're already dating."

"I know," he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "It's just the first thing that came to mind."

I warped my arms around his neck, "You missed genius."

The kiss lasted for what felt like forever. Even then, it still ended too soon.

I opened my eyes to see Zuko looking down on me lovingly, I smirked, "Let's get going before Aang starts thinking he's gonna be a godfather."

Aang was meditating in his new Airbending master robes by the door.

Zuko looked down at him as he held my hand, "I can't believe a year ago my purpose in life was hunting you down. And now..."

"And now we're friends."

"Yeah, we are friends."

I smiled, "Who would have believed it?"

Aang looked around, standing, "I can't believe a year ago I was still frozen in a block of ice. The world's so different now."

"And it's gonna be even more different..." Zuko smiled at him, squeezing my hand, "when we build it together."

Aang pulled Zuko into a hug. Then when they let go, I got my hug from Aang.

I pointed to the door, "Let's do this boys."

The crowd cheered as Zuko and I walked out to address the people of the three remaining nations.

Zuko raised his hand, "Please. The real hero is the Avatar," Aang walked out and the crowd started again, "Today this war is finally over! I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the Fire Nation. And I will. The road ahead of us is challenging. A hundred years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided. But with the Avatar's help, we can get it back on the right path and begin a new era of love and peace."

Aang and I stood to either side as the Fire Sage presented him with the crown.

Zuko kneeled and the Fire Sage put the headpiece on him, "All hail Fire Lord Zuko!"

I thanked Zuko as he poured me some tea. A little while had passed, and the old team had met up in the Jasmine Dragon to celebrate. Iroh was playing the tsungi horn, Aang was playing with Momo, and Sokka was painting the entire scene.

"Zuko, stop moving! I'm trying to capture the moment. I wanted to do a painting, so we always remember the good times together."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Sokka," Katara walked over and looked at the painting, "Wait, why did you give me Momo's ears?"

"Those are your hair loopies!"

I stood up and dusted off my dress as the others joined around the table.

Zuko pointed to his 'likeness', "At least you don't look like a boar-q-pine! My hair is not that spiky!"

I laughed, "My head is twice the size of my body."

Suki glared, "And why did you paint me firebending?"

"I thought it looked more exciting that way," Momo jumped on the table and started chittering, Sokka glared at the lemur, "Oh, you think you can do a better job, Momo?"

Iroh frowned at himself, "Hey, my belly's not that big anymore. I've really trimmed down."

"Well I think you all look perfect!" I hugged Toph as we all burst into laughter.

Water. Earth. Fire. And Air.

My sister used to tell me stories that had been passed down from our great-grandparents. Stories of a time when the four nations lived in harmony. Stories of a time when Air nomads lived in the skies, when the water tribes lived with their traditions at the north and south poles, when the earth kingdom's people didn't have to send their warriors to war every passing day, and when my nation, the fire nation, was kind, and not just a source of anguish and pain.

I'd like to believe that's how the future will be. No... I know that's how the future will be. Because... I got everything I wanted and more.