-5- The Blue and (F/C) Spirits

"We haven't been able to pick up the Avatar's trail since the storm, but if we continue heading northeast..."

A larger ship pulled up next to us, "What do they want?"

Iroh was an optimist, "Perhaps, a sporting game of Pai Sho!"

A soldier from the ship came to us, "The hunt for the Avatar has been given prime importance. All information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao."

I mumbled under my breath, "Guess he took my advice..."

Iroh smiled, "Zhao has been promoted? Well, good for him!"

"I've got nothing to report to Admiral Zhao. Now get off my ship and let us pass."

"Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area."

"Off my ship!"

I only then took note of Iroh playing Pai Sho with some of the men, "Excellent! I take the pot! But you're all improving! I'm certain you will win if we play again."

I laughed and turned to him, "Don't take advantage of these poor men," I leaned down and whispered to him, "That's my job," We both laughed.

The sun set behind the Prince and I as we sparred on the deck.

"Is everything okay?" We stopped as Iroh approached us, "It's been almost an hour and you haven't given the men an order."

The prince had his head facing the ground, "I don't care what they do."

I tried to comfort him, "Don't give up hope yet. You can still find the Avatar before Zhao."

"How, (Y/N)? With Zhao's resources, it's just a matter of time before he captures the Avatar," He walked over and placed his hands on the wall of the deck, "My honor, my throne, my country, I'm about to lose them all."

I looked to Iroh. He nodded and I went to try and figure out the Avatar's path. I looked out the window, I saw a messenger hawk.

I caught the hawk and read the letter meant for someone else. I have to tell Prince Zuko. I knew this message was going to cheer him up, in a way. I had a plan.

"Prince Zuko."

He turned to face me, "What is it (Y/N)?"

I held up the letter, "I have a plan to keep Zhao from turning in the Avatar."

"Turning him in?" He ran over and ripped the letter from my hands, reading it over, "I can't believe he already has him! What is your plan?"

I grabbed the duel swords from the wall, "Can you still use these?"

He nodded.

"Follow me," I bowed handing him his swords and a pair of clothes, "My prince, get changed and meet me in my chambers in an hour."

We now watched Admiral Zhao from the rooftop of his base, "We are the sons and daughters of fire, the superior element! Until today only one thing stood our path to victory, the Avatar. I am here to tell you that he is now my prisoner! This is the year Sozin's Comet returns to grant us its power! This is the year the Fire Nation breaks through the walls of Ba Sing Se and burns the city to the ground!"

I turned to my prince. We wore the same black clothes, but he wore a blue demon-looking mask. I wore a (F/C) mask in the same style. (If your favorite color is blue, just think of another color.) We nodded to one another and went to look for Avatar Aang's prison.