-3- The Winter Solstice

We had taken a rest on a bit of land offshore. Iroh spent time in a hot spring, and I spent time in the forest, looking for ingredients for a simple burn ointment. Iroh had taught me the herbs needed to make it at the beginning of our journey, before he officially became my teacher. I now needed it for the burns on my legs. The burns on my arms healed relatively quickly, but my legs were becoming more painful by the day. In a few weeks I would have trouble standing. But luckily for me, I had found most of the ingredients. Only one remained, spring water.

I ran into the prince on my way there, he looked at my basket. "What are you doing with those herbs?"

I smiled, "Just some ingredients for a burn ointment, just in case of training accidents. Hope the idea of being cautious doesn't offend you, your majesty."

He frowned slightly, "Fine, come with me to get my uncle."

I nodded. Then I followed him.

"Uncle! It's time to leave! Where are you? Uncle Iroh!"

"Over here!"

I looked upon the old man, sitting bare in one of the springs. I walked to a different spring to collect my water.

"Uncle? We need to move on. We're closing in on the Avatar's trail and I don't want to lose him."

Iroh smiled as I returned to the prince's side, "You look tired, Prince Zuko. Why don't you join me in these hot springs and soak away your troubles?"

"My troubles cannot be soaked away. It's time to go!"

"You should take your teacher's advice and relax a little. The temperature's just right. I heated it myself."

"Enough! We need to leave now. Get out of the water!"

I turned before he stood.

"Very well!"

The prince shielded his eyes, "On second thought, why don't you take another few minutes? But be back at the ship in a half-hour or I'm leaving without you! Come on (Y/N)!"

I laughed at the slight blush on Prince Zuko's face, and followed right behind him.

An hour passed. We still hadn't taken off.

I had finished making the ointment, and had applied it to my legs. I was about to go see what the holdup was, but someone came storming into my room.

"(Y/N)!" The prince stood in the doorway, he was angry. Not that that was new...

I didn't cover my legs in time.

"What's that?" He came closer and sat next to me, "What's on your legs?"

I waved him off, "It's nothing. What do you need my prince?"

"Don't lie to me!" He had to calm himself, but he reached down and pulled up my pant leg to expose the burns, "This clearly isn't nothing. When did you get these?"

I blushed at his sudden action, "Don't do that Zuko!" I pulled it back down.

He smiled just slightly, "You called me by just my name."

My eyes widened, "I'm sorry my Prince. It was an accident."

"No! It's fine," He placed his hand on mine, "But really, when did you get those burns?"

I freed my hand from his and used it to rub the back of my neck, "It was just from when I collected all those flames on Kyoshi Island, It's almost impossible to keep so much flame from going crazy."

"You should have told me. We would have gotten you treated as soon as possible," He brought his palm to his forehead, "I can't believe I yelled at you for missing the Avatar after that! You were hurt and I just fussed at you."