-6- The 'Death' of a Prince

"Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Four seasons ... four loves ... Four seasons ... for love~!" Iroh was singing for the crew.

The other men on the ship danced and played instruments. It had been multiple weeks since the entire spirit thing, so my leg had mostly healed up. Luckily for me, I tend to heal quickly.

My attention turned to Admiral Zhao, who was boarding the ship with two of his men. I stood and followed Iroh to the prince's room.

"For the last time, I'm not playing the tsungi horn!"

Iroh spoke up, "No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem."

Admiral Zhao entered the room, "I'm taking your crew."

Prince Zuko turned around in a fury, "What!?"

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

Prince Zuko looked to me for answers, "(Y/N), Is that true?"

Iroh answered for me, "I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone... even the cook."

"Sorry you won't be there to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again."

Admiral Zhao turned to look at the duel swords on the wall. I put out my hand to stop Prince Zuko from mauling the Admiral right then.

The Admiral picked up the swords and examined them, "I didn't know you were skilled with broadswords, Prince Zuko."

Prince Zuko and I gave one another a nervous look, "I'm not. They're antiques. Just decorative."

The Admiral turned around, swords still in his hands, "Have you heard of the Blue Spirit, General Iroh?"

"Just rumors. I don't think he is real."

"He and his little partner are real, all right. They're criminals, and enemies of the Fire Nation. But I have a feeling justice will catch up with them soon," Admiral Zhao walked to the door, "General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands... If you change your mind."

Prince Zuko fussed at his uncle, "Is he planning to steal you too!?"

I placed the swords back on the wall, "Don't worry Princey, Sifu Iroh isn't planning to leave you alone anytime soon. I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon either, if that means anything to you."

He was silent, "Just leave me be."

Hours passed. I watched as the crew began to leave. Many of them saluted as they walked past me. A few even bowed. Five or six even thanked me for my kindness over the years. It was bittersweet. I would miss having a random conversation with the helmsman, or helping Lieutenant Jee carry out orders. I would also miss beating on these guys while I trained, or when one of them started looking at me weirdly.

But I was glad that they could move on. I wanted that much for the prince, but I guess that's a little too much to ask.

I waved them off. Then they were gone.

Iroh came out onto the deck.

"Did you get him to come with us on a walk?"

He laughed, "You know the prince, stubborn to the end."

I rubbed the back of my neck as we made our way off the ship, "That much hasn't changed."

We laughed. We ended up talking about almost everything. One thing about Iroh, he was a much better father than my own, or really any of the fathers I had met in my life.