xv. the silver

Jophiel sat in her bed, propped against the headboard. Lucifer demanded that she stay in her bed until her back was fully healed. 

She was fine with this, until Caliban stopped coming by. She began to feel worried that he'd tricked her or worse. 

She knew that nobody knew about the little 'fling' they had going on. Which it was just simple dating, as much as you could for a fallen archangel and a boy made of clay. 

A knock drew her out of her thoughts, causing her to look over. 

"Hello, angel." Lucifer said, walking in with a cup with a steamy liquid. She could only assume it was the soup she had asked for. 

"Hi, luce." 

"How are you feeling this morning?" 

She shrugged, "Still hurting." 

"I'm sorry.."

"You have to stop apologizing. This isn't your fault." 

The two smiled at each other, both staying quiet for a few moments while Jophiel took sips of her soup. He looked over to the night stand, spotting the tiny bag that she had when she fell. 

"What is that?" 

"Hm?" She looks over, "Oh." 

She leaned ever so slightly to grab the bag. She felt hurt by the note on it, she missed Michael so much. 

"It's from Michael. When I fell, it was with me." 

"He gave you a gift for falling?" 

"Not exactly a gift for me, no." She opened the bag, "It's Judas's silver." 

Lucifer was shocked, Michael wasn't exactly the type to do such things. Especially when it comes to helping Hell. 

"Why did he give it to you? You told him what you were doing?" 

"No." She said, groaning at Lucifer's endless questions, "He must've knew what I was doing."

He only nods, placing his hand out to take the silver. 

"Does Sabrina know you have it?"

"No. To be quite honest, I forgot it was even here." 

Lucifer begins examining the silver, twisting it all around. It glistened  as the light hit it certain ways. 

"Why did you do it?" 

"Hm?" Lucifer asks.

"Why did you possess Judas?" 

"Angel." 

"I'm just asking a question."

"It doesn't matter." He scolds, ignoring anything else she says. 

"Fine."

He begins to stand up with the silver when Jophiel stops him.