xxiii. dr. cee's

"I did it." She looked directly in his eyes, "And God caught me."

Raphael's face warped into shock and hurt, both of which were completely valid feelings. She didn't say anything after that, watching the confusion work its way into Raphael's mind.

"You did not." He glared, "He would have told us?"

Jophiel shrugged, "I wouldn't lie about that."

"So you let Lucifer take the blame."

"Lucifer doesn't know. Nor does anyone else."

Little did she know, Lucifer heard every word she said. He wasn't upset about it, he was quite the opposite actually.

"I cannot speak to you right now-" Raphael paused, "I cannot believe you would do something so- so stupid!"

Jophiel still remained quiet, still just looking at Raphael. Lucifer had already made his way out of Dr. Cee's with Lilith by now.

"I'm not the one who lied about it though," Jophiel stood from her seat, "Think about it."

With that, she walked away. Before she could make it out the door, Raphael stood up abruptly grabbing her arm.

"You'll have to answer for what you did once our brother's find out."

"Wha-"

She had no time to speak before the sound of wings were behind her.

Raphael smirked, watching as Jophiel's reaction changed. Her glances shifted around the room, trying to see if anyone was even paying attention. Nothing.

Not a soul was in the room, at some point someone transported them to a hallucinations. It was no longer Dr. Cee's, just a dream that looked like it.

"Guys, I-" No matter how much she planned on pleading, she wasn't getting out of whatever messed up dream reality.

"You just cannot listen, can you Jophiel?" Michael said, grabbing her other arm and twisting it behind her, "We were given orders to handle this problem, and unlike you--we can do things the right."

That stung, Michael's words were coated in hate and anger. His movements were just as harsh, incredibly more rough than any other time he had been angry.

Jophiel could see her brother, Gabriel, out of her peripherals. His eyes were everywhere but on the situation at hand. He was doing the absolute bare minimum when it came to helping restrain you.

"Gabriel, please-"

His eyes shifted to her, the expression on his face changing from fear to shock.

"Stop them."

"You're not getting out of this," He growled, "Take her to him."

She wasn't sure how his demeanor could change so quickly, but didn't dwell on it for too long. Michael's grip had somehow became tighter on her wrist, causing her to wince in pain. Raphael had let go of her, letting Michael restrain her other arm behind her with some sort of cuffs.

This was all becoming too much for her, she couldn't keep going like this. At this point, it was just better to leave the plan of being with Lucifer alone and let Sabrina take the throne.

-

kind of short, but another dreadful cliffhanger. don't forget to vote and comment <3