iii. shores of sorrow

"Would you want to go to Hell with us?"

The inevitable question had been asked, "Hell?"

"Yes, we're going to talk with Lilith about Lucifer and Nick."

Jophiel nods, not saying yes or no. Her actions show that she would go through with it though. When she got to the bottom of the steps, everyone was already scrubbing themselves with some weird liquid. 

"Brina, what is this?" Roz asked, sniffing the towel. 

"Ghastly water. We use it on the dead bodies that come in." 

Roz gagged but continued scrubbing. So did everyone else as Sabrina and Jophiel began removing articles of clothing to scrub themselves. 

"Are you sure this will work?" 

"I think so," Sabrina says, "We're going to need to wear these though."

"Dead people shoes?" 

She nods, while everyone else looks at her confused. After they were all finished, they began their way up the staircase. They needed to go to Dorian's to finish the trip to Hell. This was a new face for Jophiel, she had never met Dorian -- nor did she want too. 

He gave Sabrina a paper that had a spell on it, "This will not work unless you're holding my flower." 

Jophiel felt her stomach churn, terrified she'd be trapped in Hell for eternity. As if her brothers and Father wouldn't get her out. Truth is, they'd turn Hell over to have her back. 

Sabrina steps forward towards a painting of Hell, her hand grazes the portrait. Before she could even process what had happened, she woke up on a beach. 

She began coughing as soon as she felt the water in her lungs. 

Jophiel turned her head to see several cages that held people. Human souls that had been damned to Hell for endless amounts of reasons. Her heart broke for them, but she tried to ignore the ping in her heart. Next to the water was a small sign that had 'Shores of Sorrow' carved on it. 

She attempted to make her way onto her feet but stumbled a tad. Hell was not what she had expected, she hadn't ever thought of it to be a beach. When she turned on her heels, she turned to a large sandcastle. 

Behind that sandcastle was a man. He had long blond hair, his white shirt was unbuttoned. Before she could notice much else, she soon realized her friends were not with her. 

"Who are you?" She asked, blocking the sun out of her eyes with her right hand. 

"I could ask the same to you." 

"Please, sir. I don't know where I am." 

"You're in Hell, darling." 

"I know that much, but how do I find pandemonium?" 

"Why is a...I assume mortal, looking for pandemonium?"

"My friend, Sabrina. She brought us here to speak with Lilith. I only joined because I'm her friend." 

He said nothing but walked towards her which caused her to step back, "Where is pandemonium?" 

"Why should I tell you?" 

"You will regret it if you don't tell me." 

"Oh? And how it that?" 

"It doesn't matter, now tell me where to go."

"Follow the blood-red road," He didn't seem too happy that you, what he assumed was a mortal, had threatened him. 

"Thank you." 

She began walking towards the path when he called out, "Who are you?" 

"My name is Jophiel." 

"The archangel?"

She was beginning to get irritated with him, so she chose not to answer. It wasn't like he'd be able to prove she was, even if he started to, she could leave as soon as he brought it up. 

She heard his footsteps coming up behind her, but chose to ignore them. 

"You're not a mortal?" 

"I didn't answer because I found you annoying." 

please make sure to vote and/or share with your friends.