Chapter 22

Bernardo's POV

Oh, shit!

How could I forget? I opened my eyes and jumped in the bed. Daisy groaned as she opened her eyes. She will kill me for not telling her.

''What happened?''
''I remembered something important that I didn't tell you.''
''What's that?'' My palms became sweaty.
''My father is coming today....here.'' I said. I looked over at her to see her with raised eyebrow.

''How could you forget to tell me that your father is coming here?'' She screamed. I felt like my eardrums will burst out. She got up from the bed and rushed into the bathroom.

Damn, woman! She surely has a voice for screaming. I dragged myself out of the bed and went in a closet. I picked out black sweatpants and white T-shirt.

She entered the closet and got dressed in blue jeans and black T-shirt that made her bump so cute. I tried to hug her when she backed away.

''I'm so pissed off at you right now, so you better don't come close.'' She said as she got out. I stood there dumbfounded.

I went to take a shower then got dressed. I can't believe she is angry at me now. It's not like it is a big deal. I already told my dad everything and he just wanted to visit us and he will stay in the city until wedding.

He was being insecure about us at first, but I convinced him that we truly love each other. I also told him about Daisy being pregnant and he was somehow happy.

I just wish my mom was here. I really miss her every day, but I'm happy to know she is on better place. She will always remain in my heart and she would be happy to have a grandchild.

I got out of the room and headed downstairs. I saw Daisy doing something, it looked like she was making cookies or something.

''What are you doing?'' I asked her trying to lighten up the mood.
''I'm making cookies as you can see.'' She shot up.
''Why?''
''For your father. He will come here, right? And I would've have made them sooner if some dumbass didn't forget to tell me.''

''I'm sorry for not telling you, but I also forgot so you can't fully blame me and besides my father wouldn't mind if you didn't make anything.'' I explained.
''But I wanted to meet your father properly.'' Her lips went into pout.

I came next to her and turned her around so she was facing me. I rubbed her stomach as I leaned down to touch her nose. I placed small kiss on her soft lips.

''I told him about you and me and our child. He is happy, baby. He just wanted to meet you and he will stay until our wedding.'' I placed lingering kiss on her cheek as I rubbed her stomach.

''Okay.'' She said adorably. I kissed her stomach then she went back to baking. She seemed still frustarted when I saw how she was mixing the dough. But I was proud that she was trying.

She finished in an hour as I was watching her all the time. How can she be so cute and innocent in whatever she does? I love her even more with every thing she does.

Our front door bell rang as I got up to open it. My father stood there with few bags in his hand. I went to hug him immediately. I missed him so much.

''I missed you, figlio.''
''Me too, papà.'' I smiled as I let him inside.
''How have you been, papà?''
''I've doing good. I was spending time with your uncle Georgio in Italy.''
''How is he? And aunt Donatella?''
''They are good. Getting older like me.'' He chuckled.

I went with him in a living room when Daisy came inside. My dad held happy face as he saw her and that obviously relaxed her.

''Hello, Daisy.''
''Hi, uncle Vincent.'' She chuckled as she hugged him.
''You have really grown up into a beautiful woman just like Bernardo told me.''
''Thank you.'' She blushed as she looked at me. I winked at her to tease her which made her more flushed.

We sat down and she went to get us drinks and snacks. She really tried to make my dad comfortable. When she put everything on the coffee table, I sat her next to me.

''I haven't seen you in a long time, uncle Vincent and you look like you haven't aged a bit.'' Daisy chuckled.
''You must be blind, honey. I'm an old man now.'' He teased. I couldn't help but smile at Daisy's giggles.

''And I'm soon to be grandpa too.'' He sighed happily.
''How far are you?''
''Four months. I should give a birth at the end of a June.''
''That's nice. Do you know gender?''
''At the next appointment in a month, we'll find out.''

We were talking about other things until dinner time. Daisy made chicken with mashed potates and my dad seemed to love it.

''Where are you staying, papà?''
''I booked a room in hotel.''
''That's absolutely no. You are staying here.'' Daisy said and stole the words from my mouth.
''I just wanted to say that. I'm not letting you stay in hotel when we have spare rooms.''
''I'm going to be fine.'' He chuckled.
''No, uncle Vincent. You are staying here.''
''Are you sure I won't bother you?''
''What are you talking about? You are my father and I'm not letting you stay in hotel.''
''Alright then.''

Daisy went to made him bed in one of guests rooms while I took his bags. I showed him where is the room. We left him to accomodate himself after saying 'good night' and went in our room.

I removed my clothes leaving me in boxers and laid down on our bed. Daisy came from the closet dressed in my shirt and laid next to me.

I sneaked my hands under the shirt and pulled her closer by her waist. She wrapped her arms around my neck and placed small kiss on my cheek.

''I love you, baby. Good night!''
''I love you too. Night, love!'' She said in a whisper before we drifted off to sleep.