Chapter 19

Daisy's POV

''And I love making love to your mom, because she is the best person on this world and I want her to know that every day. I can't wait when you're going to be in my arms, my little pumpkin.'' I listened to Bernardo talking to our pumpkin with my eyes still closed. He is going to be a best dad for our kids.

We went to doctor few days ago and I found out I'm two months pregnant and I already have small bump on my stomach. It's not big, but I already love it. I'm so excited to be a mom.

He kissed my stomach few times as I opened my eyes. I put my hand in his hair and he snapped his eyes to me.
''I was talking to our baby how gorgeous his or her mother is.'' He smiled as he kissed my cheek.

''We need to get ready for work.'' I said and got up from the bed. He lifted me up suddenly and went in the bathroom. We showered together and got dressed. I got dressed in white T-shirt and tucked it in blue jeans.

After eating our breakfast, he drove me off to school. Since he found out I'm pregnant, he wouldn't let me go without warning. I kissed him quickly and got out rushing inside the school.

Today I had first, second and fifth class and then I could leave. I thought about visiting Bernardo's company. He told me where it is, but I still didn't visit and I was very curious about it.

Kids in these school are really polite and I think they noticed my small bump so they are very considerate towards me which really warms my heart. I want my children to be like that.

I was correcting exams third and fourth class so I wasn't really bored. I planned to teach until I have to give a birth, because I'll be capable of doing my work and I only started so I don't want to disappoint the principal.

As my fifth class finished, I picked up my things and headed to Bernardo's company. It was not too far as I just needed to cross few streets and I was there. The building was huge. I can't believe that this was all Bernardo's.

I entered the front entrance and saw a lot of people running around. There was big counter with middle aged woman sitting behind it. I went to her so I can ask her where is Bernardo.

''Hello!''
''Hello! What do you need?''
''I came to ask if Bernardo is here.''
''Bernardo? You mean Mr. Damiani?''
''Yes, yes.''
''He is on the top floor. You can take the elevator.''
''Thank you very much.''

I came to the elevator just when it opened and entered quickly. I pressed the buttons to the top floor and there was only two persons who looked very professional. They got out two floors before me so I continued alone.

I exited the elevator when it opened and I came to the very luxurios hallway. There was another counter with younger woman behind it this time. I didn't know where Bernardo's office is so I went to ask her.

''Hello! I'm looking for Bernardo.'' She looked me disgusted and flipped her hair.
''Are you another one of his flings?'' She asked as she got up from her chair. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

''He didn't have one for a long time, I guess he went back. He doesn't have time for you, sweetie, so it will be better if you go back.'' She sneered at me. My eyes watered at her words.

''I—'' She cut me off rudely again after checking me from head to toe.
''He made you pregnant? So that's why you're here. You came looking for his money? Sorry to tell you he is not that kind of a person.''

Few tears fell from my eyes. I don't know why her words hurt me this much. I wiped it right away.

''I'm pretty sure Bernardo will tell you I can go to his office. Tell him my name is Daisy.'' I said calm as possible.
''As you wish.''

She picked up the telephone and spoke few words as I heard Bernardo saying she can let me in. She showed me the office and I got in immediately.

He was sitting on the big chair behind big wooden desk with two computers on it and a lot of papers spread out on the table. I walked to his desk and put my purse down on the one of the leather chairs in front of his desk.

''You brought girls here?'' I asked. My eyes already stinging with tears. He looked at me a little bit shocked with my outburst and got up from his chair.
''Who told you that?'' He asked furiously and came in front of me.

''Your secretary.'' He lifted me up with one arm and cupped my cheek with other hand.
''I did, but that was before. A really long time ago. You know that I love only you and our baby.'' He cooed as he touched my nose with his. I calmed down with his gesture and wrapped my arms around him.

''She said I'm another fling and that I came here for a money.'' I sobbed in his neck. These hormones make me emotional more than I am.
''She did what?'' He almost yelled and tightened his hold on my bottom. I tightened my arms around his neck and nuzzled my face more in it.

''Baby, wait for me here. I'll go somewhere quickly.'' I nodded as he put me on my feet. He kissed me and went outside. I sat down on one of his leather chairs and waited.

I jumped up when I heard Bernardo's voice yelling. He is probably angry and redfaced right now. I never heard him yell like this. He finished with loud ''you're fired''.

I feel so bad now. She got fired because of me. I shouldn't have said anything. How does she feels now? What if she really needed this job?

He entered the office again looking like he would snap again. I got closer to him so I wouldn't piss him off more.

''Why did you fire her?''
''She wasn't doing her job well and she insulted you and our child and I won't allow that. To anybody.''
''But what if she really needed this job? You shouldn't react like that.'' I tried to take his hand, but he yanked it off.

''I was enough of her and her bullsh*it. I won't tolerate her behaviour anymore. And you better stop defending her before I get mad at you too.'' He said as he brushed past me and took the car keys from the desk.

He took my hand as we exited his office and went to the elevator. He kept my hand whole the time and pulled me out when we arrived down. People were giving us stares as we were walking to the exit.

We got home in no time as he was looking less furious now. I hate when I piss him off. I know he isn't mad at me, but I always think he is. He sometimes snaps on me, but I snap at him too so I can consider we're equal.

I changed myself in one of his hoodies as it's cold. I pulled on long white socks, because my feet are always cold and I want to be careful because of a baby.

I made us quick lunch and ate half the food I made. It was so delicious. Then I got sleepy and went upstairs in our room. I ploped down on a bed and covered myself with the light blanket.

Soon, I was spooned from behind. I snuggled closer to him as I was already half asleep. He slipped his hand under the hoodie and put it on my bare stomach. I was out when he kissed my head.