𝘩𝘶𝘨𝘩

-----
Y/N's POV

"Come on!" Hugh exclaimed, urging me along as he led me somewhere unknown to myself.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" He mused, grabbing my hand and helping me up a few rocks.

"Here we are!" He shouted, extending his arms.

I brushed myself off and looked up to find the most beautiful sight, an enormous field of daisies, chicory's and many other kinds of gorgeous wild flowers.

I gaped at the sight, and then at Hugh who was already grinning back at me, he redirected his gaze out to the bees he had let to roam free.

"This is gorgeous." I sighed.

A small giggle escaped his lips, "So are you."

I myself laughed lightly at his cheesiness.

Regrasping Hugh's hand, I led him deep into the field and looked around, any where you looked there were flowers. Hugh took the opportunity of me being distracted to tap my shoulder and run off, shouting, "Tag!" In the process.

Another laugh escaped me as I began to chase after the playful boy. We continued to repeat the process of chasing each other around for hours before we settled upon lying together in the shade under a large oak tree.

For a while it was just the sound of Hugh's heart beat that filled my ear, before he broke the silence, "We should head home, Miss Peregrine said to be back by sunset."

I nodded and stood up, grabbing his hand and pulling him to stand as well.

We began to walk home hand in hand,"Did you know that chicory flowers represent perseverance and endless waiting."

Hugh looked down at me curiosity sparking his eyes, "Oh yeah? And where did you learn that."

"Fiona told me." I said.

Hugh stopped and grabbed one of the piercing blue flowers, tucking it behind my ear, "You know I would wait endlessly for you."

This time, I turned my gaze to him, "Your so cheesy you know that." I bumped his hip with my own.

"I do." He chuckled, "But you love it." He bumped me back.

"I love you too you know." I said seriously.

"And I you." He smirked, pecking my lips, "Happy Valentine's Day Y/N."