𝘫𝘢𝘬𝘦

-----

"Now Jake will you come meet all of the children properly?"

Miss Peregrine spoke gently.

"Oh, sure."

Jake's response was quite startled since he had been admiring the beauty of the house.

"Children! Come and meet Jake!"

The children formed a small group. A bundle of girls and boys, but not all of them were there, not all of the children his grandfather had spoke about.

"You've already met The Twins. This is Bronwyn, Fiona, and Clare. Millard and Hugh." Miss Peregrine introduced the children, "And that's Horace, Emma, and Olive."

Many forms of "Hellos" and "Hi's" rang out.

"Nice to meet you all."

After a smile, and a polite wave of his hand, Jake nodded towards Miss Peregrine.

"You may go and play children."

They all ran off in different directions, shrieks and fits of laughter resumed to fill the air once again.

"Uhm, Miss Peregrine, where are the rest of the children?"

"Enoch is upstairs we will introduce you two later he hasn't been in the best mood today and Y/N is reading just past the garden we can go meet her now."

Jake nodded again, and processed everyone he had just met, and the fact that they were actually real and that he wasn't dead.

"Y/N?"

Miss peregrine spoke to a girl in a royal blue dress reading a book under a willow tree.

"Yes Miss Peregrine?"

The girl in question asked without lifting her head and turned her page.

"Miss Y/L/N, polite persons look at people when talking to and besides, we have a guest."

The Ymbryne sternly stated before placing a hand on her hip.

Jake was feeling uncomfortable and started twiddling his thumbs.

"Im sorry Miss, I just got to the good part in my book an-" she couldn't finish her sentence.

"No if's, and's, or but's, just come greet out guest properly."

After a quick scolding, Y/N girl stood and dusted off her dress before walking through the curtain of branches.

"Oh! Jake! We've heard so much about you!"

Y/N cheerily hugged a flustered Jake,

"Miss Peregrine, could I show Jake around?" The excited girl asked.

"What a splendid idea! Go on I have to go check on the rest of the children."

"You-" Jake started.

"I have so much to show you! First we can go to to the beach, and then the caves, oh and of course how could I forget I have to show you everyone's peculiarities!"

Jake didn't mind her cutting him off. He thought the girl was amazing. She was different but so amazing and so beautiful. He wished the tour would never end.