𝐗𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐠

"Well, professor you didn't let me specify whether it crispy or smooth peanut butter" -Athens

꧁________꧂

As the rain, soaked into the material of my shirt, I giggled lying on the dew grass, feeling droplets of water splatter against my face like paint on canvas.

"You're going to get sick, why are you down there?" Berlin frowned peering over the balcony.

"Because the rain is painting me" I grinned tucking my hair behind me ears and smiling up at him. "You look like a god from up there, towering over me with that suit of yours" I laughed.

I was fond of that suit, the crisp, velvet material in the powerful royal blue colour. Always elegant and pressed with a matching white undershirt and azure tie. He looked more like royalty than a criminal. If you walked past him in the street you would want to take a second look, if anything he relished the attention it got him.

More so, I was even fonder of the person wearing that suit. I didn't know Berlin back then, always the scary, arrogant dude, that sat behind me in class and only ever spoke when he felt like it, always having impeccable table etiquette and the idiosyncrasies of a perfectionist. An introvert that attracted way to much attention to himself.

Good and bad.

The others despised him. Conceited and self-assured, Always wanting to be right, thinking he was above everyone else, in short, a prick of psycho. So how did I fall in love with him?

I guess right at that moment even though I didn't realise it.

The moment where he joined me in the fields. Where I finally found him to be much more interesting then it had appeared to be. Where I found him to have a heart.

He rolled his eyes, strolling back into his room, as I chuckled pulling at the ends of my shirt. It had stuck to the sides of my body and was now freezing me from the outside in like an ice cube. I tucked my hair behind my ears once more before leaning up against the wall and staring up at the sky.

Grey sky and grey clouds. A melancholy monotone canvas. No colour, no saturation, no blending just grey. In that little patch of my world, I was like a coffee smudge on a blank canvas. A little dot of colour on a blank page. Essentially nothing but you're still drawn it to it because it is different from the rest.

I enjoyed the rain as it drowned out the sounds of others. Where you could only hear the battle of the rain and your own heartbeat rattling inside your chest. Where the only person that mattered was you. You could be living in a city, remote countryside, the plains of a desert, but in the rain, it was only you.

I rolled up the sleeves of my shirt, unbuttoning the first few buttons, to stop the rain freezing my collarbone. I slumped down on the floor letting the water soak into the fabric of my jeans. It felt nice just sitting there in the cold, alone with my thoughts, it was refreshing.