𝐈𝐗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞?

"I'm not leaving now, or later or ever because I love you

"I'm not leaving now, or later or ever because I love you... I'm here to stay" -Athens

I folded up my sleeping bag, tossing my hair to the side and shuffling over to Arturo who was whispering rapidly in Pablo's ear.

"Do you want to screw this up" he seethed as I scowled, leaning in closer trying to make out that they were saying.

"Whose screwing up?" I questioned watching Arturo wince and turn to face me with an evidently forced smile.

"Oh nothing Maria," he said through gritted teeth. I nodded turning my back to face the wall, pretending I had stopped listening in to their conversation.

"I have to convince fattie to take me to Monica" he murmured to Pablo.

Poor Arturo was missing his lover and only wanted to catch up for a chat... or so I thought.

"Helsinki" he groaned jumping up and down clutching his stomach in pain.

"I don't feel good" he wheezed pretending to double over.

"Take me to Monica please, I need to talk to her" he cried dramatically over-exaggerating his words.

Helsinki agreed tenderly pushing him away before I handed back my folded bed to Nairobi. "What happened to Arturito?" she demanded, pulling me to the side.

"He wants to see Monica" I answered leaning against the wall.

As we giggled and conversed Tokyo whizzed around the corner panic scrawled all over her face. "Ladies, 16 hostages are escaping, we need to go. now" she screamed as I sprinted up to the control room seeing Berlin pace back and forth loading his gun and pulling a bulletproof vest over his chest.

"What's happening" I shouted pulling down my zipper and tugging on a bulletproof vest. "Hostages are escaping through the loading docks" he yelled clocking his gun as I picked up an M16 from the table, loading it as well.

"Athens it's dangerous, and you're a hostage," he said pulling the gun out my arm.

I rolled my eyes, snatching the gun out his hand and walking out the door. "Life's dangerous doesn't stop me from living, does it?" I returned running down to the docks pulling the mask over my face.

An explosion rang out from downstairs, as I cursed running faster down the stairs. Rio, Helsinki and Moscow joined me down at the loading area, glancing questioningly at my face but making no comment.

꧁__________꧂

A hand knocked on my door as I rolled over covering my sweaty face with a pillow.  "What's wrong" I hissed burrowing myself underneath the mountain of blankets resting on my bed. 

"Athens, are you okay," Berlin asked, sitting on the edge of the bed frame.

"Take a guess" I moaned pouring myself a glass of water from my nightstand and gulping it down.