𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲

"You remind me of a beast, like the one in that princess tale" -Athens

꧁_________꧂

I bet from the past two chapters you've pieced together the puzzle and you've started to wonder. Are me and Berlin soulmates? And this is sort of where things start to get complex.

I loved him, I loved him for sure. He was different, unique and knew how to make a woman feel special. of course, Like any normal couple, we had our ups and downs but we sailed our boat together, we weren't alone. And it was a different type of reassurance knowing there was someone who was willing to guide me and love me and make sure I don't fall over the edges of the cliff.

But in my eyes. Berlin wasn't perfect, was so very close but he had his flaws. Arguably it made him more humane because in whatever way you choose to phrase it, we weren't a match made in heaven.

Because for the simple thought that swirled in my mind. Who could ever learn to love a beast?

It's not as if, I think Berlin is a furry monster who can't love because he's proved that theory wrong, he fell in love 5 times. But can you imagine a beast-like Berlin turning into the handsome prince who was willing to swoop me away and live in a fairy mushroom castle?

I didn't love as a normal Disney princess does either. Normal princesses catch one sight of their prince and our blown away. Love, at first sight, some might call it. But even though, I was far from earning the princess ranking, I couldn't love someone straight away.

Love, at first sight, is judging someone on their appearance. When a true relationship sprouts from the soul, not the chiselled jawline we die for. Loving some isn't easy and the actual percentage of having a happy ending is in dwindling decimals. But the thing is the happy ending isn't what matters, the beautiful beginning on how two souls learn to love each other is what matters.

It's how they support each other through thick and thin, exploring each other personalities, learning to love them for them. The happy endings are pointless because two different people who die in the arms of each other still counts as a happy ending. Because they spent their last moment, with each other. And that's all that matters.

Who could ever learn to love a beast? Of course, Belle did in the end but at the start she despised him. She hated him with all her heart and soul because she didn't understand him. She couldn't because she had something stuck in her mind, I can't fall in love with a monster like him.

And that's true, you can't fall in love with a monster, but Belle didn't, she turned him into a new person, she taught him how to love and then you would know Belle never fell in love with a beast she fell in love with a prince from the very beginning.

I don't think I ask for much in romance. All I want is someone who loves me, won't let me go and wants to explore the beauty of love with me by there side. I'm not asking for a fairy godmother, or to be the prettiest woman in the land or for a single rose. I want what everyone should deserve in love.