23

The next morning Spencer was jerked awake by Morgan clapping his hands above reids head.

"up and at them kid!"

"Wh-what? What is?" Spencer shook his head, bringing his fingers up to rub his eyes. "Whats happening?" He croaked, finally sitting up and blinking quickly at his friend. Morgan stood wearing joggers and a tank top, he threw clothes at Spencer and bounced from foot to foot.

"Get up, you said you wanted me to train you, training starts now" Morgan's smile was bright in the dim room.

"What time is it?" Reid asked, leaning over and tapping his phone to wake it up. "Five AM?!" he choked on the air leaving his lungs, Derek laughed and bounced closer to the door.

"Get dressed pretty boy," Morgan laughed before leaving the room, flicking the lights on, which made Spencer flinch, before closing the door. Spencer fell back into the pillows sighing.

"I already hate this" he mutters before pulling himself to sit on the edge of the bed. Examining the clothes Morgan gave him, he noticed they were very similar to what Derek wore, except they were actually Spencer's size, and they also had tags on them.

"He bought me clothes?" spencer whispered, before shaking his head and getting changed. The tank top was a little baggy on him, and he quickly grabbed Morgans hoodie that he comendered over the past few days. Once he was thoroughly covered he left the room.

"Here kid" Morgan laughed, stopping Spencer at the bottom of the stairs and slipping a headband over his head, pushing the hair out of his face.

"I look stupid dont I" spencer asked, rolling his eyes as his fingers touched the thick fabric of the headband, it was tight all around his head and he wasnt sure if he liked it or not.

"Nope, now come on" morgan moved to the kitchen, finishing off the glass of water he was drinking while waiting for the doctor to get dressed. Then the two stepped outside. The air was cold and it made Spencer wrap his arms around him.

"So what are we doing?"

"Running"

"Im sorry what?" Spencer stopped walking and stared wide-eyed at Derek.

"Come on kid, it's just a little run"

"Morgan i don't run"

"Sure you can"

"No, no I really can't"

"Fine, we will start slow, a walk, some jogging, we will work our way up to a run"

"Ok" spencer nodded, "ok i can do that"
With that Morgan slapped Reid on the back, Spencer stumbled forward a step and let out a dry chuckle before the duo began their walk down the sidewalk. They walked several blocks before they reached the park's edge. Morgan would've been there ages ago and he was trying to not push Spencer, he knew that they needed to start off small and work their way up or Spencer would give up and not even try. But my god did the kid walk slow.

When their feet hit the dirt path Morgan patted Reid on the shoulder before quickening his pace. Spencer groaned but followed suit, he did ask for this afterall. The two settled into a light jog and they actually made it farther than both men thought they would before Spencer had to stop. His chest was heaving and his legs were wobbling so much he thought he was going to collapse.
How had he managed to stay in the FBI and be allowed to go out into the field was a concept no one would be able to figure out.

"Ok, i think that's enough for today huh?" Morgan laughed once Spencer was able to stand upright again. The two turned and split between a slow jog and a fast walk back to the house.

By the time they reached Derek's house spencer let out a whimper and fell to his knees in the grass.

"Reid" morgan laughed, watching spencer dramatically fall forward, laying face down in the grass. His
damp sweaty hair sprawled around him tangling with the grass, Morgan needed to mow the lawn soon.

"Just leave me here to die" Spencer's voice was muffled but Morgan still clearly heard it. Morgan threw his head back and laughed,

"Nah, come on kid, up you go" Morgan grabbed Spencer's bicep and started to pull the younger man up. Spencer complied, wincing at the sharp pain that shot through his shoulder when Morgan tugged on his arm. The two entered the house and headed up stairs,

"Are you going to work today?"

"Yea, hotch said he has stuff for me to do"

"Ok, be ready in an hour and a half"

"Ok" Spencer nodded, before the two entered their own rooms and proceeded to shower and get ready. When Spencer got out of the shower and looked for clothes he sighed at the slacks and buttoned down, what he really wanted was Morgan's sweatpants and to climb back into bed. He was exhausted. But he's been out of work long enough, if he didnt go in, who knows what would happen. Plus being alone in that house for any more time would make Spencer go mad.
So Spencer sucked it up and slid the rougher material on, tucking his hair behind his ears but it kept falling out.