41

Morgan was hovering over Garcia's desk, urging her to hurry up. Her computer whirling with dots and lines and words that he couldn't quite understand.

"Kid? you still there?" Derek asked into his phone that was still pressed against his ear, he needed to keep Spencer on the line, they needed Garcia to pinpoint the location of that booth. Morgan could hear what sounded like crying, and Spencer throwing up. The kid's voice was hardly audible, Derek wasn't even sure it was really him after first, but who else could it be.

"Got it!" Garcia shouted, looking up from her laptop, the whole team was brainstorming in the conference room when Morgan got the call. Garcia shouted out the location as the team ran out the door, their feet pounding on the floor as they rushed to the cars. Their bodies coiled with anxiety, waiting to see how this would pan out, how would this end?

Hotch ordered the others to stay back, allowing only him and morgan to find the young doctor, he didn't need to overwhelm the kid by the whole team finding him. Morgan and Hotch had left the team frantic in the garage. They started to argue but quickly realized they were wasting time. So instead, they returned to the round room, pacing around and twiddling their thumbs with anxiety.

Morgan was still repeating Spencer's name into the phone, his legs bouncing as he sat in the passenger seat, Hotch white-knuckling the steering wheel as he sped through the city.

The phone booth wasn't that far from spencers apartment, it was just in the last direction they would've thought to find him.

When the two men rounded the corner, their headlights landing on the phone booth both felt their stomach drop.

Slumped over on the floor of the booth was what looked like the too skinny pale body of Reid.

Morgan was out of the car before Hotch had even pulled up to the corner let alone put the car in park. His phone tossed onto the floor of the car, his hands instead pried the booth door open. Quickly coming to rest on Spencer's neck, he let out a sigh when he felt a weak pulse. Morgan winced at the sight once he determined the kid was alive, his ragged breathing making his chest sputter up and down, the stench of bile making Morgan want to add his own to the mix. It was actually scary how much Spencer seemed to have thrown up, he was covered in the sick, it slowly pooling under him. The parts of skin not covered in the bile was rose with goosebumps, his whole body jerking in what Morgan has yet to determine if they were shivers from being cold, or some kind of convulsions from the drugs.

Hotch had arrived behind the boys, his hands holding two blankets that he kept in the trunk of the car.

"Come on, get him up" Hotch ordered, keeping his voice firm and trying to stay calm and in control, Morgan's own body was shaking so much he almost matched Reid.

Morgan hooked his hands under Spencer's armpits, hauling him up easily, which worried both men. Hotch quickly wrapped a blanket around Spencer, allowing Morgan to pick up Spencer by holding his back and hooking his other arm under the kid's knees, the blanket keeping the sick contained. They ran to the car, Morgan climbing into the back seat with Spencer, keeping his head on his lap.

"Come on kid" Morgan muttered, lightly tapping the kid's cheek as he moved some of his stringy hair out of the way. "Wake up"

Hotch had pulled away and started driving toward the nearest hospital, flipping the sirens on.

"Come on Reid!" Morgan yelled, his hand going to push down on the kid's chest when he noticed the breathing was getting slower and more shallow.

His fingers slipped in the bile that caked the younger man's chest, multiple layers were evident with the varying levels of thickness and heat. He pushed the blanket around, trying to clean off the kid.

"Reid!" Morgan groaned, adjusting Spencer so his airways would be cleared, "drive Hotch!"

"I am!" Hotch yelled back, his own anxiety snaking into his voice. Finally, the hospital came into view, the bright lights and large signs making Hotch's stomach lurch. They peeled into the ER drive, the sirens still blasting and Hotch laying on the horn.

"Help us!" Morgan yelled as Hotch yanked the door open for him, the agent cradled the unconscious doctor to his chest, his arms tight around him like that was what was keeping Spencer together.

"What do we have?" A nurse asked, followed by another group of nurses with a gurney.

"We aren't sure, we think OD on Dilaudid, found him like this' ' Hotch rushed out, Morgan's own voice unable to make any sound except for gasps of Reid's name. Reid's body was placed on the gurney, its frame still trembling and shaking. Hotch had to grab Morgan's arm, stopping him from rushing after the small group. Hotch could feel how badly Derek was shaking, it was clearly visible, but feeling the firm man's muscles trembling so violently under his hands made Hotch unsteady himself.

Once the two men were settled in the waiting room, Hotch called Gideon.

"We found him, he's in the ER right now, we are waiting."

"Ok, we are all on our way" Gideon responded, his own voice slightly calming Hotch. After he hung up, Hotch glanced back at Morgan, who sat slumped over, his head in his hands. Hotch let his fist bump the door frame, letting out a sigh himself. 

He had to keep it together.