29

Spencer woke up abruptly, sitting up in bed and looking around the dim room. The soft light from the night light gave him the ability to make out the shapes of the things in his room. He reached out, and it took him a beat before he retracted his hand to his chest, realizing that he was reaching for Derek. Who, clearly wasn't there. He checked the time, it was nearing 4 am. He collapsed back into his pillows, his rib cage expanding as he pulled in a big sigh. He closed his eyes, dragging his palms down his face. Letting his palms hit the bed with a thud, he used his hand to hoist himself up as he turned onto his side.

The rest of the night was spent tossing and turning, Spencer's back prickling like someone was standing behind him no matter which way he laid. By the time his alarm went off, he was already sitting at the edge of his bed, glaring at the floor between his feet. He ran his hands through his hair, before letting his head fall back, closing his eyes but letting his mouth stay open as he huffed out a breath of air. He got out of bed, quickly taking off the pajamas, side eyeing them as they sat in a heap on his bed. He didn't like them, they didn't feel right. He got dressed in a new pair of slacks, and a button down. Tucking the end of the shirt into the waistband of his pants he wasn't paying attention to where he was walking and let out a yelp when his head came in contact with the doorframe of his bathroom. He brushed his teeth, standing a few extra seconds looking at his reflection.

"Best it's gonna get" he mutters, leaving the bathroom. He glanced at the chair, the one over that floor board, the floor board that hid his stash. Shaking his head he left the room, going to his living room and packing his bag while the coffee machine dripped slowly into his mug. He grabbed a bag of oatmeal bite things, he didn't know what they were, gracia gave them to him yesterday and he didn't eat them, so now they were his breakfast. He's gotten so used to eating an actual breakfast with Morgan that sliding back into his usual just morning coffee seemed wrong. With this, he was meeting them in the middle.