16 ° ⚫you don't need to leave⚫

(Goodbye by Celin dion)

🦋Eddie🦋

 Sofie was the only thing I thought about everyday of my entire life. I mean, I like her and I think she likes me too. She's one thing on the outside & a total different person when I got to know her better. Like I said, she's unique and I like her that way.

 Everything was going fine, perfectly fine not until Dad announced that we would be leaving the country because of his job. I don't really have a say in that especially when my little brother,  Ethan is involved, of course I'm leaving too. There's no way I'll stay behind. Who'll take Care of my little Ethan for me? He and my Dad are the only family I have right now, so I have no choice but to go with them.

But why now? Why is it when I thought I'd finally had a chance with Sofie. I mean, I thought of asking her out soon and now I'm going away.
How am I supposed to tell her. She'll probably hate me.

::::::::::::::::::::::
I sat at the far end of the cafeteria, playing with my food. I tried avoiding Sofie through out the day and I think it worked so far.
How am I supposed to face her?
Just then, I heard her voice from behind me.

"Hey Eddie."

Oh no!

"Hey." I sounded drily, avoiding her eyes.
She took a seat beside me, dropping her food on the table. "What's with you? You're sounding so off." she asked with concern.

How cute.

"Err.." The words caught in throat.

Just tell her you're sick dude!

"Sofie. My Dad got a job across the country."

"Wow, that's good news." She smiled.

I'll miss that.

"Except it's not good news. We'll  have to leave the country."

"Including you?" She asked, The smile on her face slowly fading.

"Yeah." I wish I don't have to.

"But you can stay in the school hostel. You don't need to leave."

"I can't. I have to take of my little bro. He's all I've got." I said, looking away.

"What about your mum?" Sofie asked.

"I lost her to cancer a year ago." A single tear dropped from my eyes. I swear I tried to hold it back, but I couldn't.

"Oh I'm sorry." Sofie whispered. I could see the visible hurt on her face.

"No, it's ok. That's the more reason why I have to go. I'm so sorry Sofie."

She nodded her head painfully and then stood up. "Yeah. I understand. I think I'll be leaving now."

"Let me drop you off." I offered.

"No, don't worry. I'll be going with Maxie." With that she left.

I think she hates me now.

🦋Sofie🦋

—Now my heart is broken. All my scars are open— (Impossible by James Arthur)

🎶Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved....🎶

      I'm not a fan  of R&B but here I am,  sadly listening to one and crying my eyes out. Everything was going great and now he's leaving. Why did he have to leave. One thing I'm sure of is I'll be broken when he does.

Look at me, getting lovey-dovey over a guy I met few weeks ago. Not like he even like me too.

They're all the same. Players. Hand your heart to them & they toss it around like a ball and squash it right in front of of you.

I warned me, never to fall for him but I refused. Now look and imagine me crying for a guy!

I got countless calls for Eddie but I refused to pick up.
What did he want to say. Haven't he done enough?
Then  I received a text.

Eddie: Sofie I'm sorry. Please talk to me.

But I refused ro reply back. Why do I have to lose people I care about.
With that I thought about Dad. I lost him when I was two and now this.

No - I choked with tears.