18 ° ⚫you deserve an award⚫

—I swear I'll love you in a different way— (Different way by Dj Snake & Lauv)

🦋Eddie🦋

"So you behave yourself. I don't want you getting into trouble, ok?" I said to Jessy and she nodded and then went to class.

Time to look for Sofie.

  I can't wait to see her and even behold her smile once more.

  My own - I thought

 She's not yours yet.

Yeah I know but I'll soon make her mine.
I found her soon enough, walking around the hallway and my heart skipped a beat.

I can't wait to talk to her.

But when our eyes met, she threw her eyes in the other direction and walked out on me.

That's odd.

Maybe she's in a bad mood or maybe she  didn't see me.

But when it continued for days, I realized she was snubbing me. Where did I go wrong? What did I do? Maybe she's angry because I never told her that I came back which I clearly wanted to make a surprise. Never knew it would turn out this way.

  I watched her everyday in school And though she didn't seem her happy self, she still talked to others. Then why wasn't she talking to me?

One day, I say her walk into the cafeteria, passing me and I couldn't take it anymore.

It's now or never.

"You know, you deserve an award for that." I called out to her.

🦋Sofie🦋

I stopped dead on my track and slowly turned around.

"I'm sorry, an award for what?"

He chuckled drily. "For that. For ignoring me. What did I ever do to you Sofie?" He looked hurt.

Are you asking me.

I kept quiet, refusing to look at him.

"Here." He offered a sit. "Sit." Which I did. "Ok go ahead I'm listening." He looked at me but I still kept mute. "Sofie I won't take no response for an answer. So you better start talking."

For a split second, I saw hurt in his eyes. Then it was replaced by anger. What an irony. When it was supposed to be the other way round.

"How about you explain your coming back which I never knew about." I suddenly spat.

For a second, he was surprised. "I kept it away from  you because I wanted to make it a surprise."

"Yeah and you surprised me, walking around the whole school with a new girl." I scoffed.

He looked taking aback. "New girl?"
I rolled my eyes. "Don't think I didn't see you."

"So that's the reason why you decided to snub me?" He asked, looking me directly in the eye.

What's he talking about?

"You think that's not enough reason for me to ignore you?"

"The new girl happens to be Jessica, my cousin. I can even give you her cell number so you can call her and then you guys can have a little chat. I never knew you were like this." He shook his head.

What! I'm soo stupid. I should have asked!

"I... I thought." I stuttered like a fool.

"Yeah, you thought she is my girlfriend." He continued.

"I'm so sorry." I looked down. "Please, I never knew...."

"No." He placed his arms around me.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you I came back."

Now I punished him for something he didn't do. I kept telling him how sorry I am over and Over again but he brushed it aside telling me it was ok.

"Eddie." I called.

"Yeah."

"Do you hate me?" I asked. If he hates me, I won't blame him. I deserve it.

"Jeez! Why will I?" He looked at me "I don't hate you, Sofie. Nothing will make me do." He reassured.

He told me how he missed me when he was away and how he had to come back because his father changed his mind.

"There's this Pizza store that opened up recently. Why don't we try it out tomorrow." He said

"Is that a date or something." I asked.

Don't get your hopes up!

"What do you think." He looked at me with a smile.

"I don't know." I blushed away.

"Go on a date with me ." He said abruptly.

Just like that! I looked at him in shock, speechless.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded timidly.

He drew me close and held me in a way I never wanted to let go.
****************

La fin (French)🧡

El fin (Spanish)💛

The end (English)💚

If you loved this book, you can as well check my other work
"Taming Arrogance"
More humor, more drama😉
.