Chapter 11

Show 11: Manchester

Lauren's hand gripped my own, her thumbs rubbing over my skin in attempt to calm down both of our nerves of having to face this interview. Since coming out with my story and our relationship, this is the first interview that we're having and I have no idea what to expect.

I know that they are going to have questions, but I don't know the depth of the questions. They could go from light to ripping into my chest and opening up all the memories for me that I try to keep deeply hidden.

Nervousness is obviously spread across Lauren's face but I know that she is trying to push it away to comfort me.

I take my hands out of hers and lift them to cup the sides of her neck, stepping forward so that our bodies are pressed closely together. "Babe please don't put up a wall because I know you're scared too" I whisper to her softly and stroke my thumb over her cheekbone softly. Lauren let out a sigh and rests her forehead against mine as I notice her eyes begin to become watery with unreleased tears.

She sniffs quietly and the sound causes my chest to tighten painfully. "I'm just scared that everything will become too much for you" she admits to me and I finally realize what is making her so upset.

Without saying anything I lean forward and kiss her, taking her bottom lip between my teeth before adding slightly more pressure. Lauren smiles against my lips and brings her arms to wrap around my waist. The kiss is short but it is enough to dry Lauren's tears. "Please don't cry baby, I'm never going to leave you. I need you and you need me" I say.

Lauren nods her head and kisses my cheek whilst I pull away and lace our hands together between us.

Our moment is broken when the girls come running to us, throwing themselves at us. "Damn we should of come to the UK sooner" Dinah tell us and we all nod in agreement because coming to the UK and seeing all of our other harmonizers outside of the states is amazing.

A ringing noise fills the dressing room signalling that is time for us all to go to the stage and I share a glance with Lauren.

The other girls seem not to notice because they continue walking towards the stage without saying anything. Lauren and I linger behind for a moment longer and she gives my lips a small peck, making all of the inner nerves and concerns disappear from my body.

She squeezes my hand in hers tightly. "I've got you, ok?" she coos and leads me towards the stage where the rest of the girls and the interviewer are now waiting for us patiently. "Sorry about that" Lauren apologizes for the both of us and pulls me to sit on her lap as the couch is too full for me to sit beside her. I smile and the girls practically cry in awe at the sight of us. I roll my eyes because you would think that the three of them would be used to Lauren and I interacting like this.

The interviewer shakes her head with a smile "you take your time, I know that you were extremely nervous about this interview" she says to us and her eyes show nothing but understanding. "Ok so lets get right into it, we have chosen some fan questions for you all to answer."

We all excitedly grin because our harmonizers always send in the most creative and humorous questions.

I shuffle on Lauren's lap and she groans. "Camz stay still" she whines and I move even more just to annoy her causing the other girls to snigger with the knowledge that Lauren won't do anything because it is me. "Camz please" she begs me and tightens her arms around me in attempt to stop my body from moving on her lap.

Dinah gives me a thumbs up and I giggle. "Lolo your lap is uncomfortable" I say through a pout and she rolls her eyes at my comment, knowing that it isn't the truth because I always sit on her lap.

She bites her lip, "then sit on the floor. Camz you're hurting me babe your ass is huge" she says and I give her another pout.

Normani slaps Lauren's arm. "Girl you gotta be nicer to your chica" she laughs and I smile, raising my eyebrows at Lauren.

Lauren gasps in shock, "I am nice to her. Tell her Camz, why are you all bullying me?" she asks and I giggle before nuzzling my face into her neck, kissing the exposed skin there lovingly.

Ally groans mockingly, "don't get them started, Manibear. I've had enough of them being all lovey" she comments teasingly, winking over at the two of us when we move to glare at her.

The interviewer watches the five of us interact with obvious amusement and I blush realizing that we have completely ignored her for the past couple of minutes. "Guys stop, we're in the middle of an interview" I remind them and almost laugh when all of their eyes widen. "I'm sorry we all tend to get carried away when one of us makes a comment" I explain for all of us and she just laughs.

"No please don't apologize, it is endearing to watch you interact with one another because I can see that everything is natural. Conversations aren't forced and I can see the connection that you truly have with each other" she observes and we all kindly thank her.

I love that people around us can see that we all honestly care for each other and love each other. Our relationship and bond that we all share is seriously indescribable and I'm glad that it is clear to other people.

"I love you" Lauren whispers into my ear, bringing me out of my thoughts and I can't help but beam widely at her declaration.

Even though I love the girls equally, my heart will always belong to Lauren and I can't see myself having a connection with somebody like my connection with her. What we have is special, something that none many people are fortunate to receive and I am forever grateful.

"I love you too babe."

------------------------------------------------
Pls comment and vote