leonardo - cant hate

#18 haha I don't like this one. Requested by @theghost24

Prompt: 24 "I can't hate you, after all you've done to me...I can't seem to hate you."

Warning: mature language

This isn't edited either so multiple mistakes will be in here

"I told you to sleep," Leo said, walking in the lair with his brothers en suite. I looked up from my laid down position, watching some old ninety cartoons.
I giggled as he crouched in front of me, kissing my nose. I scrunched up my face, loving the affection he was showering me in.

"Ugh, get a room," Raph groaned, rolling his eyes at us.

"They are in a room, Raph. The living room," Mikey defended in a matter-of-face tone, his eyes closed and finger up. He let out a yelp when he got smacked in the head by his older brother. Mikey growled at him before he yawned, strutting towards his room. "This is not over, Raphael!" He shouted before closing his door.

"Fuck off." Raph retreated to his room. Donnie headed towards the lab, informing everyone that he had a little something to work on. We all knew that he was going to be in there until they had to train in the morning.

"But seriously." Leo gained my attention. "How come you're not in bed?"

"I wanted to wait for you. I got tired of sleeping before you and waking up after you."

"What about classes?"

"Got switched to the afternoon," I grinned. He gave me a light chortle before carrying me up bridal style. The tv was still playing. Leo laid me down on the bed but didn't join me since he had to take off his armour. When he did, he laid down beside me, facing towards me while I faced towards him.
"Can you believe our anniversary is coming up? Almost two years."

That caught Leo off guard. "Anniversary?"

"Yeah, it's next week," I confirmed, with a nod of my head. The sound made from rustling the pillow.

"Next week?"

"Yes, Leo. Catch up. I knew you would forget. Especially with the crazy mutants running around."

"Tell me about it," he sighed. "I didn't know it was that close."

"To be fair, me neither. I remembered yesterday. Exactly a week from now, we will be two years together."

"Y/n, I'm not going to be here by then," he confessed, his voice wistful. My face dropped.

"Do you guys have that nature- vision quest thing again?" I asked. That lasted for only a day and if it was on our anniversary I didn't mind.
How I was so, so wrong.

His face was pained, his table side lamp shining on him. "N- No. It's just me. It's going to be a lot longer than a day."

"Then how long?" I really wished I didn't ask that question.

"A year."

"A year?!" I exclaimed, echoing what he said. I sat up and he did as well. "Leo! What do you mean you're going to take a year? Where are you going?"

"Sensei thought that for me to be a good leader, I needed to be one with nature."

"And you were!" I strained through my teeth.

"That was for a day. I need to know it inside and out." Did he really?

"Where?" I asked again.

"Japan." I huffed. Of course it had to be the one country I had been dying to go to for years. Trying any way I could to get an abroad learning. And I did.
But then I realized I would be leaving Leo and the turtles. I didn't want to lose what we had, so I turned down the once in a lifetime offer. I didn't dwindle on it much either. Leo made sure to show me what I would miss if I had went. I was missing a bunch.
But that comment made me question my choices.

"When?"
He understood what I had asked. That was what I liked about him. He knew what I had to say so I didn't have to explain myself.

"The day before." He looked up, his face in panic; hands waving all over. "It's okay! I'll give you your present-"

"I don't care about a stupid present. I wanted to be with you. I took a day off work."

"But you need the money."

"I know. I thought it would be worth it missing a day for you. Clearly doesn't mean anything to you," I hopped out of bed.

Leo looked at me in a confused manner. "Where are you going?"

"To Donnie's room, he's not using it for the night. I can't stay near you."

"Why?"

"Because you clearly don't care about us. I'm the one who puts most of the fucking work in the damn relationship and here you come tell me some bullshit that you're going to Japan. The same country I stayed home for you for."

"I never asked you to stay," He reasoned.

I dry chuckle passed my lips, sucking in my cheeks before I looked at him. "Yes, yes you did ask me to stay. You begged. After a lot of convincing, I stayed. Here you are giving me a week notice."

"I thought you would be supportive?"

"Supportive? After you ruined my chances?! I asked you the same thing and you still didn't want me to go."

"..."

"Goodnight, Leonardo."

"You're not even going to say goodbye?" Donnie questioned, sitting down on my bed after entering through my window. It was the day Leo was leaving and I told Donnie everything. I was against my headboard while he was across from me.

"I- I can't, Don," I choked, my voice cracking. The same tears welded in my eyes. "He didn't care about what I thought. He just said 'hey I'm leaving and I hope you're okay with that. Bye'."

"You know he loves you."

"He sure does act like it," I said dryly, rolling my eyes, my arms crossed. I pulled up my knees to give them a hug, trying to find some sort of warmth.

"You're going to regret not saying bye." Donnie looked at my window and back to me.
Are you fucking kidding me?

"I regret not ignoring him and missing my chance to go to Japan!" I yelled. I apologized under my breath. I heaved, the pressure on my chest being a bit much. Clearing my throat, I looked at my window. "I know you're there, Leo." Said turtle jumped in. "Thank you for invading my privacy."

"I just wanted to talk-" I stood up, pointing at my window.

"Leave. Please," I whimpered. My legs were shaking, I felt unable to support myself. My breath was shaky and my vision was being weird. Donnie rushed towards me, helping me stand. Leo walked closer until I held my hand up. "I told you to go!"

"Goodbye, Y/n."

He lied. I didn't see him for two years.

I came by the lair, fixing my hair. The turtles were running around, trying to prepare something. I was confused.
"Slow down, guys. What's the hurry?"

"Y/n," Raphael hissed, his eyes wide. Mikey pulled my arm to the dojo, which I didn't know why.

"What's happening?"

"There's a surprise behind the door," he told me. I furrowed my brows, looking at the orange clad. He shoved me inside, closing the door. I turned around and there he was.
Leonardo. But two years older. I choked on the air, running towards him as I leaped to give him a hug.

"Y- You're back!"

His laughter filled my ears. My stomach twisted in nostalgia, missing him even more. "I guess I am. But...I thought you hated me."

"I can't hate you, after all you've done to me...I can't seem to hate you."

"Thank god," he sighed, letting go of the hug.

"But, I'm going to japan tomorrow." His mouth was agape. I pushed it up. "Don't catch flies."