~Raphaelxreader~Cuddles

#1 lets gooooo

Request: @rifleblade-prime

Word count: 689

Universe: 2012

Age: 18

Status: Crushing

Note/Warning: You're southern. It's gonna be hard writing an accent. (Future me: I don't know if I wrote it right. But bare with me. If I offended you sorry. I'm not that good with accents.)
Cuddles lots of cuddles.
Also this may be low-key based off the cuddle pact. Which is a great book. Also mentions of Abuse.

Raphael has been looking tired the past few days.

When it's time to fight, he falls over sleeping then waking up right after. Leonardo has been worried sick.
Donatello is trying to get Raphael to speak, to try to make something to help him. Michelangelo is straight up bored. He can't really run around the lair. Leonardo is too caught up in meditation, whenever they don't have to train, to take his head off it. He's also banned from the lab, due to a huge explosion.

It was not pretty.

I'm worried for Raphael. I tried asking him what's wrong, but no words came out. He just simply stared at me. The eye bags were heavily shown. I think his eye bags have eye bags.
I've been fine. I'm bored like Michelangelo. Even though I'm not banned from the lab–like he is–Donatello is always doing something dangerous.
Never go in there at all times.
Raphael looks tired and more tired everyday. Splinter is getting annoyed on how we're all being affected. He's been trying to get us on track.
Yes, including me.
But, it seems he's slipping off on edge like the rest of us.

Tonight, I've decided to see what Raphael does at night.
I got out of my room and make my way to his. His door is open. Why?
He was on his bed.
Good.
He's awake.
Bad.
I knock on the door.
"Raph. Whatcha doin'?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Why ain't you sleepin'?"

"I can't," he said with a rough deep voice. His not used voice was really deep. It's literal music to my ears. I walk in, closing the door. Before I can ask why, he grabs me. He pulled me into a rather tight hug.
"Cuddle?" He asked shyly. This isn't like him. He's usually the more confident one. Him being shy is nothing like him. I blush and slowly nod my head.
He releases a huge breath of relief. He pulls me down so we can lie on the bed.

"What's wrong? This ain't like you," I pointed out.
"Not the cuddlin', the not sleepin'."

"Remember my break up with Mona?" He rubs his head. I nodded. I was so happy that day. I could finally date him. He was a bit sad, then got over it.
At least, I thought he did.
"I have nightmares of when she's still with me. I haven't told anyone this," he took in a deep breath.
"We were in a abusive relationship. She would hurt me whenever I did something wrong." He starts tearing up a bit. I've never seen this before. I held him tighter. He shivered. The thought of the memory must be scaring him. I rub his arm back and forth.
"Everyone thought we looked 'cute'. Y'know those cliché couples." He gestured his hands to explain what he meant.

"Yeah, I know," I nodded.

"Because of that, I couldn't tell anyone what was really happening. Mikey actually caught her slapping me once. He didn't tell because of a little deal we made." My eyes widen. That's why Mikey was quiet for a whole week, unless necessary to talk.
"Yeah. Finally, I got out of it." He groaned.

"Whata 'bout the lack of sleepin'?" I asked.

"She haunts me. It's scary. As I said, I get nightmares," he stressed. I blush forgetting that he said that.

"Sleep now," I hold him tight. He mumbled a response agreeing, then holding on to me. I felt him go limp.
"You need it," I whisper. He moved a bit. I held him tighter. I hope all is fine after this.

*Cartoon version of Y/n holding a sleeping Raph*