A Fateful Meeting

(In the small town of Port Royal, Elizabeth Swann walked through the town with her father Governor Weatherby Swann)

Governor Swann: "As you're well aware Elizabeth, these are trying times for Port Royal. Financially we haven't been worse off for quite some time."

Elizabeth: "Things will get better. They always do."

Governor Swann: "Unfortunately I shall not be here if and when such things happen."

Elizabeth: "What do you mean?"

Governor Swann: "I'm so sorry Elizabeth. I'm leaving. I'm going back to London. I won't leave you without a bit of help."

(He gave her some money)

Governor Swann: "I'm afraid that's all I can spare at the moment but I trust you'll be well taken care of. That Turner boy has offered to watch over you to ensure your safety."

Elizabeth: "But father..what will I do without you?"

Governor Swann: "I know you'll figure it out. I'm so proud of you Elizabeth."

(They shared a hug before he left, leaving her standing in the middle of the busy town, never feeling so alone)

(Meanwhile at the Docks)

(Three Pirates studied a map)

Pintel: "What is it a coffee stain?"

Raggeti: "Perhaps a bit of ketchup?"

(Jack Sparrow rolled his eyes)

Jack: "No gentlemen. This..be a map to an uncharted island. A place thought to exist only in myth...until now. Savvy?"

Pintel: "You're talking about a trip to the Bahamas?"

Raggeti: "I forgot to pack me swim trunks!"

Jack: "I am talking about a primitive world
..never before seen by man. The ruins of an entire civilization. The most spectacular thing you've ever seen. That is where me compass points."

Pintel: "...will there be rum?"

Jack: "Naturally."

Raggeti: "And a monkey?"

Jack: "Let us hope not. I hate monkeys. One more thing I require for the journey...I need a crew."

(Elizabeth wandered Port Royal, feeling lost and aimless, she came to a bridge over a river and sighed)

(That was when he saw her..Jack had been passing by when his eyes locked on her, either his heart was melting or he badly had to run to the bathroom)

Jack: "Evening ma'am."

(He took off his hat and bowed in a dramatic pose, Elizabeth looked at him puzzled)

Elizabeth: "You don't look like you live around here. Are you new to town?"

Jack: "Just passing through darling. In fact I am about to set off for a lengthy sea voyage within the hour."

Elizabeth: "Sounds exciting."

Jack: "That it most certainly is. If you'd like I could purchase you dinner and tell you all about it."

Elizabeth: "...all right."

(A bit later Jack and Elizabeth sat in a restaurant in deep discussion)

Elizabeth: "So you're..a pirate?"

Jack: "Now do not go around yelling it through the streets but...yes."

Elizabeth: "And you're looking for a crew?"

Jack: "Actually I've already got most of one. I just need two more passengers."

Elizabeth: "For what?"

Jack: "Well it can't be a crew entirely made up of Pirates now can it? I require one or two wild cards on that ship to..keep things interesting. After all as I said it'll be a lengthy sea voyage."

Elizabeth: "Well where are you planning to go?"

Jack: "...Singapore."

Elizabeth: "Really?"

Jack: "Of course. Quite lovely this time of year. So what say you? Care to be me first mate?"

(He raised his eyebrows)

(Elizabeth smirked slightly)

Elizabeth: "If I do this I will have to bring along a friend of mine. My father insisted he watch over me."

Jack: "Absolutely dear. The more the merrier. Bring the whelp. Be at the docks within the hour. We set sail at 7 sharp."

Elizabeth: "Wait. You never told me your name."

Jack: "It's Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow."

(They shared a heated look that made Elizabeth's heart rate quicken before Jack exited the restaurant and tripped over a log which made Elizabeth burst out laughing)

Jack: "No you did not see that. Me exit was legendary. Not an embarrassment to captains everywhere. I.."

(He sighed as his shoulders slumped and then he scurried off, Elizabeth giggled some more then gazed out the window, ever nervous yet excited in anticipation of this trip which she was sure would change her life forever...)