Chapter 13

A/N: Short chapter

"I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark night, and now I see daylight."
Daylight - Taylor Swift

"Please keep searching for the best offer on a new military airplane. Then, send the final report to the King before the end of the month. The meeting ends here. Thank you for all your hard work. Please keep it up, the tour today was wonderful." Earth gives his final speech at the end of the meeting.

He and Kao came to inspect an Air Force base at Ilithya City, 2-hour flight from the capital. With Kao's military background, the King wants Earth to visit the base together to learn more from Kao. Beside, after almost 2 months of dating, Earth's parents already seeing Kao as Earth's future Prince Consort. Thus, it's not strange for Kao to accompany Earth anymore.

After 8 hours long of inspecting and then attending a meeting, they are finally able to going back. It was a long day,  both can't wait to get some rest. After shaking countless hands, Earth and Kao are getting ready to head toward the runway, where the helicopter located. Outside, it's raining hard, filled the whole base with white drops of water. Lighting strikes here and there, shaking up the earth. Before they even get out of the meeting room, Earth security guard, Mark, speaks.

"Your Highness and My Lord, we can't get back to the Royal Palace tonight. The storm changes its direction. It is heading this way. We can't get out tonight. It's too dangerous to flight in the storm. We have to stay here for the night. The general already arranged rooms for both of you."

Earth sighs, they can't do anything about the unexpected weather. He hopes the storm will pass soon, he has many tasks to finish at the capital. "Thank you Mark!" Earth then turns to Kao who is standing by his side. "Kao, let's get some rest then!"

Kao can totally see the tired face of his boyfriend. He reaches out his hand to hold Earth's hand, bringing that soft hand to his lips for a gentle kiss. If they were alone, he would have give Earth a hug. A hand kiss is all he can give at the moment. "Get some rest, Your Highness! Everything will be fine."

They head to the elevator to their accommodations. The building that held the meeting earlier is actually a small hotel located right on the base. It is a six-story building. The general prepared the top floor of the building for them. Once they step out of the elevator, they face a spacious living room. Beyond it is the kitchen area with dining table. To the left and right of the elevator are two bedrooms. Earth and Kao head to the bedroom each, ready to rest for the night. Their security guards stand outside of their bedrooms and elevator.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is 12:30 a.m.
Earth can't sleep at all. His stomach is rumbling loudly. He regretted for not eating dinner earlier. He was tired and had to finished reading a few reports. Therefore, he denied dinner. Now, his stomach is protesting. He heaves a sigh and sits up to get out of bed. Earth decides to find something to eat at the kitchen. It's late, he doesn't want to call room service and bother people. He heads out to the kitchen. The storm must have reached Ilithya, it's raining really hard with constant lighting. The wind blows heavily against the window, howling its voice.

Earth scans the fridge in front of him. There are only soft drinks, milk, juice, and alcohol. He changes the target to kitchen cabinets. There are ramen, fruit cans, spices, and a few bags of snack. "Ramen it is then." He says to himself.
One problem is: Earth doesn't know how to cook.... even ramen. But how hard can it be right? Just put everything in the bag into the water, then wait till it soft. He quickly search for a pot to fill it with water.

"You are not sleeping?" Kao's voice interrupts the sound of cabinet opening and closing.

Earth looks over to his shoulder to see Kao heading toward the kitchen, standing right next to him. "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry!"