Chapter 3

"Holding on... Why is everything so heavy?"
Heavy - Linkin Park

Fluke slowly opens his eyes. Everything is so blurry. He tries to blink a few times in hope of clearing his vision. He can see the white ceiling. Turning his head, he whines a little. His neck muscle is protesting against his action. He feels sore everywhere and his throat is extremely dry. Suddenly, the door opens. He sees a lady in a nurse uniform walking in. The nurse realizes the Second Prince had woken up. She quickly press the red button on the remote.

"You have woken up Your Highness. Do you want anything?" The nurses asks.
"Water" Fluke tries to talk but his voice came out only as a whisper. Luckily, the room is pretty quite; so, she could hear him. Quickly, she pours him a cup of water, puts in straw, then feeds him the water. Fluke drenches his thirst, finished up all the water. Right then, the door opens once again and two doctors walk in. Fluke can recognize Dr. Satiwa, the Royal Doctor, but he doesn't recognize the other doctor.
"Your Highness, how are you feeling?" Dr. Satiwa asks, "Let's me check on you real quick." Before Fluke can answer his question, he already moves the stethoscope around Fluke's abdominal region. "Your Highness, please look at the flashlight I'm holding and follow it, please." Dr. Satiwa moves the light around watching Fluke's eye response.
After the check up, he says "Your body is recovering well. The surgery last night safely removed the bullet from your liver. Thanks to Dr. Thitiwat here, you are out of critical condition. You will have to stay here for at least two more weeks for us to monitor your recovery."

"How about my brother? Where is he?" Fluke asks.
"He is fine Your Highness! No injury from the attack." Dr. Satiwa responses.

Fluke relieves a sigh. The moment he is conscious of where he is, the memory of the attack also came back to him. He was worried for his brother's safety. The last thing he remembered is when he felt pain and Earth's scream. It is a relief that his brother is well and he was able to save him from danger. If something happens to Earth, he can't imagine how he would feel, so is the whole country. Before he could say anything else, a voice from outside is heard.

"Your Majesty, the Queen is here!"

Then the door opened, and the Queen walks in. She is wearing a white dress, along with pearl necklace and white high heels. All her body exudes elegance. She wears a worry expression on her face, like any mother would have when her child is on the hospital bed. Everyone in the room quickly bows when she walks to Fluke's side.

"Prince Fluke, you are finally awake. How are you?"
"I'm fine, Your Majesty!" Fluke responses. When the Royal Family is not by themselves, they have to express each other accordingly the to title they each have.
"That is good to hear." The queen then turns to the two doctors in the room. "Thank you so much for doing such a good job. Especially Dr. Thitiwat for performing well on my son's surgery. You will be rewarded for your job."
"Your Majesty, thank you very much for your kindness! This is my job. I will save every patient who walks into the hospital. Therefore, please don't mention anything about rewarding me. I appreciate your thought!." Ohm finally speaks. His voice is low and calm.
"Well, you are one of the few people who refuse things from the Royal Family. Anyway, Fluke will be in your hands for the next few weeks. Please keep up the good work in taking care of him." The Queen kindly responses. "I won't keep you guys from doing your works anymore. You guys are dismissed."
"Thank you, Your Majesty!" Both the doctors and the nurse leave the room.

During the whole exchange between the Queen and Ohm, Fluke couldn't help but stare at Ohm. He could see the manly jawline moving when he talk. He could see how Ohm's eyes are cold and yet, there is something else in it. Something that he wants to look into them more and search for that certain thing. He could see the high cheekbones that give the finishing touch to the handsome face. When Ohm turned to leave, he makes eye contact with Fluke. Such a brief contact and somehow it makes his heart speeds up, pounding in his chest. The number on the heart monitor is increasing along with his speeding heart. Thank goodness, they are not realizing it otherwise the doctor might order a test for his heart.