Chapter Nineteen: The Love Bite of the Lioness

Yep, you're not going crazy. This is, in fact, a new chapter yooo! <3

C'mon, love me more ;* lolol

________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Nineteen: The Love Bite of the Lioness

        “Kat, you’re crashing my party,” Evelyn sneered, getting to her feet and slapped Kat’s arm.

Kat only arched an eyebrow at her, her face void of any emotion. “This is my house so technically, I’m invited as well.”

“Well, you’re not allowed to be here. This is a teenager party so take your twenty-six year old ass somewhere else.”

Twenty-six.

Kat was twenty-six years old.

I, Mabel Sanders who’s seventeen years old, have been kissing and crushing on a twenty-six year old.

Oh, my goodness, I’m going straight to Hell. 

“Why would I go anywhere else when there’s free booze,” Kat smirked, walking towards the cooler and taking out a beer. She took the empty seat beside Riley, hardly glancing at the others as those golden flames assessed Riley and I. “So…I hear you guys are dating.”

Now would be the perfect time for the ground to open and swallow me whole because I have never be in an awkward situation as worse as this. Kat’s gaze never wavered from mine and I couldn’t help but begin my nervous habit by playing with the hem of my sweater, bowing my head a little to avoid her golden eyes. My cheeks were burning with embarrassment, hoping - praying to the universe - that Riley won’t make it more humiliating. I should have prayed to have Evelyn’s mouth zipped shut too.

“Insane, ain’t it?” Evelyn chuckled, plopping herself down on the chair. “Who would have known that Riley and Mabel had a thing for each other?”

I stole a glance at Kat to see her facing the bonfire, her jaw clenching. 

She didn’t find it funny.

She probably thinks that Riley and I were actually dating and hiding it from her. What if she thought I was two-timing both Riley and her? Oh, no. I didn’t want my life to become a soap opera. I have to make her realize that Riley is simply putting it up for show and keep his ex-girlfriend away from him. 

“Um…can I use your bathroom?” I asked Riley who seemed nervous now with his cousin sitting beside him.

“I’ll show where it is,” Kat replied gruffly, downing the contents of her beer before throwing the bottle aside. She stood up abruptly almost knocking down the chair as she headed back inside the house. 

Not wanting to get on her bad side, I hurried behind her. We walked past a few couples as we headed towards the staircase where I glanced inside the living room where it was now occupied by a group that looked out of place. There were a few skinheads but the others looked more…preppy. With neatly ironed suit jackets, collared shirts, perfectly combed hair, they didn’t look like the type of people who are seen in this type of scene. I felt a hand grab my wrist, hauling me up the stairs harshly. I swallowed hard, not sure if I should talk to Kat who was now leading me up to where the bathroom was. Her black hair fell back in waves, swaying softly as she ascended the stairs. She was wearing a maroon colored polo shirt tucked into her black skinny jeans. Having her hand gripping my wrist should have me struggling to be freed from her iron grip but I couldn’t deny the feeling of her touching me.