Chapter Sixteen: The Tears of a Bookworm

IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY

I'll try to update sooner and not have you guys wait for more than a week. I'll try though.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter. You might hate/love it but the plot is coming and to everyone who loves Kat, well...all I got to say is: Shit's going down.

Enjoy.! <3

*UNEDITED

_____________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Sixteen:  The Tears of a Bookworm

I was dead. Pretty much dead.

Those were my thoughts as I sat on the chair, playing with the hem of my shirt. My eyes were trained on the wooden table in front of me, afraid to even look at the faces of the people sitting in front of me. I could feel their eyes burning my skin, patiently waiting for me to confess. How could I confess when I was shitting bricks right now? We had Evelyn - the girl who’s was brutally honest and could manipulate you into thinking she’s calm before she strikes a punch. Riley - the guy who could guilt trip you in having disappointment being shown in those gray eyes. Ivan - my brother who would hardly say anything just shake his head in discontent, throwing more guilt onto me. Which leaves, Kat Blacksmith - the girl who’s probably shaking in anger as to why I went to her match undetected let alone with Josh. 

Now, it would be a great time to confess everything starting from the day where Josh had threatened me into coming with him to Kat’s match without anyone’s knowledge to what I had seen last night. It was frightening to see their reaction when they hear about everything. The question is: Why am I stalling instead of blurting everything out? Maybe because I was afraid of uttering a word before Kat snaps at me and I would witness the temper I had never seen from her. 

After Evelyn and Riley dragged Kat out of my room followed by Ivan, I was given the chance to shower and get dressed before I met them in the living room. My appetite was gone when fear took over me. I think that was the most terrifying part of the start of this morning. The way fear starts awakening the thoughts in mind of what possibilities could happen today. I was visibly shaking in the shower and couldn’t properly wrap my mind around all of this. I was seriously going to be interrogated by them and I had no way out of this. 

I heard a sigh coming from my right where Ivan was sitting on the recliner chair, drumming his fingers on the armrest. “Mabel, we don’t want to think we’re going to be disappointed. We just want to understand. Right, Kat?”

She harrumphed, mumbling something under her breath. 

“I wasn’t trying to get on your bad side,” I muttered, looking up at Ivan who was staring at me with the same eyes of our father. “I… I was just trying to understand…”

“Understand what?” Evelyn cut in, cocking her head to the side. 

I swallowed nervously as I glanced at the bald headed girl who’s face remained expressionless. “If I tell you, please understand that it wasn’t my decision to go see Kat.” I looked at everyone - except Kat - hoping they’ll understand. 

“What is it, Mabel?” Ivan leaned forward, his brotherly act now rising.

I cleared my throat, my fingers never loosening their hold on the hem of my shirt. “Last Monday, when I was going to class, Josh and his friends stopped me and basically told me that Evelyn and Riley were keeping something from me --”