Chapter Four: Dazzling Smiles & Bleeding Knuckles

Sorry that it's short, gotta do my stupid essay

** WARNING: Unedited 

Vote. Comment. Fan. YO!

______________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Four: Dazzling Smiles & Bleeding Knuckles

"I heard his cousin was arrested for maliciously beating some guy for no reason!"

"Really? My dad told me his cousin's file is as thick as the dictionary."

"Haven't you heard, girls? His cousin is capable of killing you on the spot. No warnings, no nothing. Poor guy has to watch his footing around his cousin."

I rolled my eyes as the pathetic gossip in front of me. Why do all girls love to gossip? Is it because they have nothing to do in their lives and just brag about how others are 'wrecking' their lives? Or do they just want to feel more superior knowing everyone's dirty little secret? Whatever the answer is, I wasn't much of a gossiper. I was once stared at when every one heard the news and would whisper to one another how 'different' I was or how 'I would repeatedly cut myself'. It was really annoying to hear rumors of yourself and be surprised what people come up with.

The three girls continued to gossip while my eyes were trained on the computer before me. I didn't really understand why we needed to make a powerpoint based on any variety of a food when mostly everyone would do theirs on pizza. Yet, I was still debating whether to based it on pasta or simply cheesecake even though cheesecake was a dessert and not a healthy meal. I was too engross in looking at different types of pasta that I didn't notice the sudden shadow looming over me until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Jumping in my seat, I looked up and a small, audible gasp escaped from me. Riley looked down on me with those steely gray eyes that bored through mine, searching and trying to reach something. He didn't bother to fix his Mohawk instead he just had a Thrasher hat. Dressed in a black TSSF crewneck, jeans, and Adidas, he seemed different today. The vibe I got from him at library the other day wasn't surrounding him. He seemed tired, well, from the look of the bags under his eyes. His lips twitched into a shy smile as those gray eyes trailed over me before coming back up to my eyes.

I was awared of what I was wearing: A simple Pokemon t-shirt, black jeans, and my worn out Vans. Though, the way those eyes trailed over my body, I felt like I was wearing a sack as a dress. I don't really understand why I would think such things. Last time, I compared myself to a potato when I walking with Kat and now, I compared my appearance to a brown sack that looked ugly and poor. Did I see myself as ugly? Was I that bad into not wanting myself to feel like a potato to everyone?

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Riley's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as he clutched the chair with his hand. "I don't want to continue sitting near those girls who keep worrying over my life with rumors," he nodded his chin at the row in front of me where the three girls stared at Riley and I with curiosity and whispering to one another.

"N-no, I don't mind." I closed my eyes, hating the way I sounded especially stuttering to an extremely handsome guy who sat down beside me. I'm so pathetic!

I faced the screen of the computer, gazing at the millions of pictures Google has presented me with my mind elsewhere--well, to the guy sitting right next to me. Could it be true that his cousin wouldn't hesitant into hurting someone badly? Did his cousin really beat a guy for no reason? No one beats anyone for no apparent reason. There's always a story behind it all. Revenge would be one of them and mostly the cause of all crimes.